The Original and the First Street Model.. let's chat
banone
Club Member

Hummer purchase

Post by banone »

Hey all.

I'm looking at purchasing a hummer H1 and I would prefer a H1 soft top truck

The prob is there are lots of wagons for sale but hardly any soft tops

How hard is it going to be to convert to a soft top? And does anyone have any soft top parts?

I'm

Located in Sask
DerekCanuck
CHC Pilot

Re: Hummer purchase

Post by DerekCanuck »

I know a guy with lots of soft top parts, military stuff, first things first I would get a parts manual and start blowing up the images, check part numbers and availability by going on hummerpartsguy website, see if no longer available or if available.  build a list of parts required then see if it is feasible.
Roy
CHC Trail SuperGuide

Post by Roy »

You should post this guys web site. I need some parts as well for a 84 m998
                                      99 Wagon
                          5.9 Cummins 12 valve  mech.                                     Stocking most parts to fix your H1  :smil9:
                                   41.5-13.5 R16.5 Pitbull Rockers,
                                     Auburn lockers front and rear
                                  Full custom underbody protection
                                                3" body lift
                                          4" side rock tubes                                 
                               12100 rear cv shafts                                                                        

519-272-1761   :cellphone:
<p style="text-align:center;"> 
maddogz
Club Member

Post by maddogz »

With the exceptions of fluids, I get most of my parts in the US.  Usually go down once a month now, picking up parts of my HMMWV 87 1025 conversion.  To hard to get stuff here(mind you with our crap $$, if you do find parts in Canada, usually a lot cheaper). I'm buying parts now for my next couple of builds in the coming years.  Some parts come up once in a blue moon so my plan is to buy everything as it comes up before I buy another HMMWV.  I just don't want a vehicle in pieces waiting on parts.  That would drive me nuts (waited 2 years once for a driver side window for an Acura NSX, never again). 
WolfinJeepsClothing
CHC Navigator

Post by WolfinJeepsClothing »

Basically the chassis on all the trucks are the same. So the parts you need should bolt on as easily as the old top comes off. Have you tried aftermarket kits. I have jeeps too and Besttop and others make various tops with or without frames.

Just a thought

Wolf
My Humvee is special, just like everybody else's.

1987 HMMWV M998

1997 Jeep TJ

2007 Jeep JKU

2005 Jeep ZJ

Previously had 1984, 1987, 1991 XJ, 1994 YJ and some others I prefer not to talk about....