ECU programmers

Luxury at its finest with the pleasure of off Road
whitehumh2
CHC Trail SuperGuide

Re: ECU programmers

Post by whitehumh2 »

Hi Mike,

There is a tutorial and their forum is helpful BUT overall you will own it so you can make changes and keep adjusting the tuning until you have it exactly the way you want it! I have experience with the software and it still took me 3 months to get it close to where I wanted it and I am still refining it. Remember you will need time to run the changes to validate whether or not you made a change for the better or worse.

Hope this helps!
<p class="bbc_center">1 - There is a time for everything,

and a season for every activity under the heavens:

3b - a time to tear down and a time to build,

5 - a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,

Ecclesiastes 3:1,3b&5a
Roy
CHC Trail SuperGuide

Post by Roy »

Good info Kev, chat with you soon
                                      99 Wagon
                          5.9 Cummins 12 valve  mech.                                     Stocking most parts to fix your H1  :smil9:
                                   41.5-13.5 R16.5 Pitbull Rockers,
                                     Auburn lockers front and rear
                                  Full custom underbody protection
                                                3" body lift
                                          4" side rock tubes                                 
                               12100 rear cv shafts                                                                        

519-272-1761   :cellphone:
<p style="text-align:center;"> 
whitehumh2
CHC Trail SuperGuide

Post by whitehumh2 »

Hi Guys,

Some other very important points to consider;

Without some lower gears and some other key mods, I don't think you will be able to get 15L/100km or Under. I do think that 18L/100km should be doable and maybe a tad Under.

BUT, before you tune you need to do some other stuff first!

A Snorkel would probably improve you mileage up to 10% if combined with intake system.

NGK Iridium Spark Plugs could get you up to another 10%

Some High Performance Coils from <a href="http://performancedistributors.com/prod ... -coils/</a> would allow you to really get some good power.

Remember you will have a Huge Increase to Power so as long as you can control yourself You will See major improvements, if you drive it like you stole it, you will still see an improvement but just not as much!

Under most conditions my H2 that weighs just Under 9000lbs I can run 15 to 17L/100km (Speeds up to 110km/h), but if I back the speed back a bit I can easily run 10 to 11L/100km at around 90 to 100km/h. At 70km/h I run 7 to 8L/100km depending on the highway and road conditions

So yes you can make a major improvement BUT it requires more than just a tune!

Hope this Helps,

Kev

Autumn Walker
CHC Pilot

Post by Autumn Walker »

Sign me up... holy shit.
2007 HUMMER H2

You have not been offroad until you've had a HUMMER in the woods.

Blacksheep HUMMER Squadron : GREAT WHITE NORTH

Taking the Blacksheep international.
Big_Dub
CHC Pilot

Post by Big_Dub »

PB wondering why you prefer the NGK iridium plugs?  The factory ones were AC delco platinum these are no longer available and an SB went out to use AC delco Iridium plugs.  Question is what makes you prfer NGK over AC delco Iridium plugs?
whitehumh2
CHC Trail SuperGuide

Post by whitehumh2 »

PB wondering why you prefer the NGK iridium plugs?  The factory ones were AC delco platinum these are no longer available and an SB went out to use AC delco Iridium plugs.  Question is what makes you prfer NGK over AC delco Iridium plugs?
I have tried and tested every single plug on the market in my vehicles and I have never had any plug come close to such repeatable increase to power and mileage! The only plug that was ever a very strong contender was the AC Delco Rapidfire...then they redesigned them and they sucked after that! Trust me no matter what the engine NGK Iridium is KING!

E3 spark plugs only work well in Snowblowers or Chainsaws, but no real good results in our engines!

Bosch Plugs are very disappointing and I have had several experience gap closure! IE: the platinum extrudes out and touches the electrode and then no spark!

AC Delco are a great plug but you won't see the mileage and the driveability of the NGK Iridium!

Champion...well that they are not! They just plain SUCK!
Last edited by whitehumh2 on Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

yevych
CHC Pilot

Post by yevych »

Hey Kev, where did you learn about tunning? Where would you suggest to start? I looked at HPTunners forum and people talking some rocket science that looks scary... 
2010 H3 Adventure 3.7L - Hummer evolution :), 35" Mickey Thomson MTZ on 16" MT SideBiters, oem underbody & rocker protection, Safari snorkle, K&N filters, Air Doc intake, Rola roof rack, Off-road lights, Runva winch on High-Mount and Warn on tray, Outfitter heavy duty tie rods.