Do people screw with your H2?

Luxury at its finest with the pleasure of off Road
madmayo
Club Member

Do people screw with your H2?

Post by madmayo »

Maybe it's me and I am in an ultra high state of paranoia... But I have never owned a vehicle that draws so much negative attention. From people screwing with me when I drive it to screwing with it when I park it.

Today I go to Canadian tire and park it at the back of the lot by itself. Between the lines taking up one spot. No vehicles within 50ft. I come out to a shopping cart against the front bumper.

A couple of weeks ago I'm driving and haven't changed lanes or anything. I keep hearing this horn honking but can't pinpoint where it's coming from. Is it directed at me? Yup... He pulls up on my right. Gives me the finger, yells something and turns right.

At the gas pump. I pull up. My fill nozzle is in line with the gas nozzle. A guy parks his Kia with the front end facing the pump and blocks me in and then precedes to tell me that. I don't know how to drive and that I'm treating myself very well. So he thought he'd piss on my cornflakes.

So does this ignorant nonsense happen to anyone else?

I don't drive like an a$$hat. I also own a lifted jeep and always try to keep in mind that a little negative by me can be a huge negative on the sport and community.
Roy
CHC Trail SuperGuide

Re: Do people screw with your H2?

Post by Roy »

you will get this bs from people who dislike what we drive.
H1 owners get a lot of grief as well . Lots do to fuel consumption .Pig on fuel.
I've corrected so many saying its a diesel and that normally shuts them up.
I even get the prisa owners critizing my choose of vehicles.
If they only knew their own enviromental  impact buy using battery powered cars. 
A Ford 1 ton dually of approx 2005 gets really bad fuel economy compared to almost 18 mpg in the H1.
Ignorance and jealousy are reasons for the bad mouthing --in my opinion  
I know the H2's are not really good on fuel economy, but they are big and roomy with the off roading ability stock trucks want.

In the states, they are really bad for vandalizing the odd ball trucks.
                                      99 Wagon
                          5.9 Cummins 12 valve  mech.                                     Stocking most parts to fix your H1  :smil9:
                                   41.5-13.5 R16.5 Pitbull Rockers,
                                     Auburn lockers front and rear
                                  Full custom underbody protection
                                                3" body lift
                                          4" side rock tubes                                 
                               12100 rear cv shafts                                                                        

519-272-1761   :cellphone:
<p style="text-align:center;"> 
Monk
CHC Trail SuperGuide

Post by Monk »

Worst I ever saw was a thumbs down on a hwy (opposite direction) hehhe but most peeps dig the ride,

But again I'm in the mountains so not in the city area much
Last edited by Monk on Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
96 HMC4

Optimizer N/A

Super Swamper IROKS 39.5x13.5x 16.5
black rhino
CHC Navigator

Post by black rhino »

i drive 08 h3 alpha and i get bull from prius and the smartass in the smartcar and i say to myself look at loser in a death trap plus i get scratches from people and egged three times driver side and at the front grill when i catch this s.o.b there going to be charged and new paint job and what ever damages that are done from day one 
Last edited by black rhino on Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Big_Dub
CHC Pilot

Post by Big_Dub »

Haters going to hate. remember that FUH2 site lol.  I wish we could charge rent for the space we take up in some peoples (small) minds.  there are assholes everywhere don,t get me started on how people act towards you when in a Ferrari or Lambo its the same for any vehicle that draws any type of attention you get both the negative and positive......One thing is certain I will always rather be the person getting hated on then the person doing the hating
madmayo
Club Member

Post by madmayo »

Thanks. I knew it just wasn't me feeling the pressure of this "all about me " world we live in.

Roy- I had an avalanche before the h2. It was close to the same fuel mileage. Just goes to show how the media can get into the sheeps heads.

Black rhino- man if I caught some coward doing that to any of my vehicles. I would be getting charged... I hope for that cowards sake you never catch him!

Big dub- yes, the good ol haters. There seems to be no shortage. Everyone has to have an agenda these days.

I don't mind being hated... Less idiots to deal with... But these people that think they can do whatever they want with no consequences and just start trouble because of what your driving. Absolute douchery...
shotgun-cam
CHC Trail SuperGuide

Post by shotgun-cam »

real enjoyment is at car shows when Rhino helps another car or when some smart ass learns Rhino uses about 13 l of gas for 100 kms better than most of the cars at the show or when Rhino helps Police to find their lost love ones in a dark park. Rhino has more friends now and getting high fives but there are always jerks.
Enjoy Life and Leave the World a Little Better Each Day!!
WIBS
CHC Pilot

Post by WIBS »

Yes, there will always be people who hate our beloved H2, but then again it is a vehicle like nothing else.
Gadgets
CHC Trail SuperGuide

Post by Gadgets »

I've read about these kinds of things happening to people, but never experienced them myself. Other then people ALWAYS asking about fuel mileage I've had nothing but positive things happen to me. Truck has been in lots of pictures, with and with out people standing by it, lots of compliments etc. Hell I even have a prius owner on my street! Never had a problem thankfully. I sucks this should even be a problem, what you drive is your own choice, now if you drive like a moron, well then....
<p class="bbc_center">
"Yeah, that's drive-able..... you go first"
collega
CHC Pilot

Post by collega »

There is always some negativity about Hummers in our society! But, fortunately, there are more tolerant, smart and educated people around us!
Hummer,like nothing else!