Blacked out front bumper

Luxury at its finest with the pleasure of off Road
citiboy
CHC Trail Guide

Blacked out front bumper

Post by citiboy »

Painted black the silver front and rear bumper lower lip, u steps, rock rails Rockstar center caps and removed underbody rust. I used Rust Check Rust Paint and top coated it with Dupli-Color Bed Armor. Lot's of grinding and sanding. Still have to do the mid underbody sections and front winch.

Last edited by citiboy on Mon May 30, 2016 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<p class="bbc_center">2008 Hummer H2 Luxury Edition
<div> </div>
<div>Toyo MT 38x13.50x18 on Rockstar. Green keys. 2" rear spacers. 1" bodylift. Cognito UCA, steering bracket, front stab links. Bilstein 5100 shocks. Moog inner/outer tie-rods, pitman, idler arm & bracket with remote zerk. E&G Classics fender flares. ARP 434-1301 ex. man. stud kit. Airaid perf. air filter. Crown Performance brake lines. Warn PowerPlant HD. Rubberduck UCP. Gobi Ranger Roof Rack. Morimoto FX-R 3.0 projector headlights with 55w AC HID kit. Hella Rallye 4000 aux lights. Evans waterless coolant.</div>

<p class="bbc_center"><a class="bbc_url" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHPamkrWbiY">Off-Road Videos</a>
ddgermann
CHC Pilot

Re: Blacked out front bumper

Post by ddgermann »

Looks great!
This is a never ending job but it does not take huge effort to keep the frame and underbody protection looking fresh. I used to do this to my H2 every year. It was actually harder washing it properly first than the painting!!  

D
1999 H1 HMC4 (black on black)

Hummer: from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia. n.[font=inherit;font-size:.9em;font-style:inherit;font-weight:inherit] "One who, or that which excels in any quality, especially in general energy or speed."[/font]
Monk
CHC Trail SuperGuide

Post by Monk »

It looks great, I have to break down and clean up the frame etc on my wife's h2, you did a great job!!
96 HMC4

Optimizer N/A

Super Swamper IROKS 39.5x13.5x 16.5
citiboy
CHC Trail Guide

Post by citiboy »

Just finished tackling the underbody. 

Before

After

The rock sliders have seen better days, i might sand and paint it or buy a used one.

<div> </div>
<div>Toyo MT 38x13.50x18 on Rockstar. Green keys. 2" rear spacers. 1" bodylift. Cognito UCA, steering bracket, front stab links. Bilstein 5100 shocks. Moog inner/outer tie-rods, pitman, idler arm & bracket with remote zerk. E&G Classics fender flares. ARP 434-1301 ex. man. stud kit. Airaid perf. air filter. Crown Performance brake lines. Warn PowerPlant HD. Rubberduck UCP. Gobi Ranger Roof Rack. Morimoto FX-R 3.0 projector headlights with 55w AC HID kit. Hella Rallye 4000 aux lights. Evans waterless coolant.</div>

<p class="bbc_center"><a class="bbc_url" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHPamkrWbiY">Off-Road Videos</a>
citiboy
CHC Trail Guide

Post by citiboy »

Just finished my rust removal and prevention project. Washed the 2 and cleaned the interior. Never seen my 2 this clean \m/

<div> </div>