H3 Alpha owners only

The great Hummer look and Beefier then you average Compact SUV
AllenAventador
Club Member

Re: H3 Alpha owners only

Post by AllenAventador »

i really wish i have spoken to you sooner, i like how you specified everything i can upgrade on the Alpha Version. i have a magic number here to achieve and its 500Hp ( my reason for this is that in the middle east where the Alpha is going, it has no siblings all are run of the mill 5 cylinder models) so i want to make a big splash. please fill me in and what more i can do. engine swap hasnt been done yet. i already own the LS3 engine so i can always keep it for future swaps. but please tell me more. thats the reason why i made this topic. i just want to note the Alpha will get a front differential by ARB. the truck will stay a daily driver. awaiting for your reply. 

Al 
Waldo
CHC Pilot

Post by Waldo »

I'm not an expert on the subject but what I had listed were things I had in mind on doing to my 3T Alpha. I used to frequent another fullsize GM forum GMFullsize.com I'd say go there, post up what you're looking to achieve and the members and dealers there could definately get you sorted.

500HP out of a 5.3L shouldn't be stretching it for a daily driver since a 383 stroker normally uses a 6.0L crank or pistons to achieve the larger bore and stroke of the rotating assembly. A more aggressive cam and 6.0L Heads with a good port & Polish job will wake up a vortec engine and then you just have to let it breathe I.E an Air-doc or actual cold air intake a pair of long tube headers and whatever exhaust/muffler combo you prefer.

A Little info on GM Engines:   <a href="http://www.chevyhiperformance.com/tech/ ... ll.html</a>
After reading this the LS3 might be the way to go, but there is A-LOT of aftermarket support for the Vortec 5300 to get close to what your after. I'm just thinking you could mod the factory 5.3 and go to Blackbear or a similar tuning company to get it to run, and run right the first time.
AllenAventador
Club Member

Post by AllenAventador »

Thank you so much i will read that. I already have an air doc and a K/N performance filter and a jet throttle body spacer. in its current state. i will do more research on this before the big day arrives. Thanks again!! 
Waldo
CHC Pilot

Post by Waldo »

This was posted up on CHO. It might be worth giving these guys a call and ask a few questions

<a href="http://www.mashmotorsinc.com/index.html ... ex.html</a>
AllenAventador
Club Member

Post by AllenAventador »

i m well aware of them, still thank you :)