Performance brakes

The great Hummer look and Beefier then you average Compact SUV
AllenAventador
Club Member

Performance brakes

Post by AllenAventador »

I need to replace the discs and pads for the H3 and i am wondering which company to buy performance brakes from that are better than stock but also well priced and frankly a few thousands is already too much as i dont intend to track the H3 Alpha. any links and advice would be great guys :) 
johnnyspikesH3
CHC Trail Guide

Re: Performance brakes

Post by johnnyspikesH3 »

Bro there are tones you can order cheap now . Check the Bay i had these on my H3 and they were great with 35's .<a href="http://www.ebay.ca/itm/FRONT-REAR-KIT-P ... vxp=mtr</a>
Last edited by johnnyspikesH3 on Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<p>2014 JKU SAHARA , 3.6L AUTO ,4 INCH PRO COMP STAGE ONE WITH MX6 SHOCKS AND PC DUAL STABILIZERS, PRO COMP ADJUSTABLE TRACK BAR,RUBICON EXPRESS DROP CONTROL ARM BRACKETS 35.12.50-17 FIERCE ATTITUDE, 17x9 PRO COMP 7031 WHEELS,KC 6 INCH AND 5 INCH LIGHTS AND BRACKETS, WARRIOR REAR TIRE SPACER , SMITTYBILT SEAT COVERS. ROUGH COUNTRY STUBBY BUMPER , SMITTYBILT 10,000LB X20 WINCH, COAST FRONT DRIVE-SHAFT, DYNOMAX CAT BACK EXHAUST
AllenAventador
Club Member

Post by AllenAventador »

[quote="JSRAPTOR"]
Bro there are tones you can order cheap now . Check the Bay i had these on my H3 and they were great with 35's .<a href="http://www.ebay.ca/itm/FRONT-REAR-KIT-P ... vxp=mtr</a>
[/quote]
they are so cheap and i cant believe the pricing!!! are they really that good?? 
johnnyspikesH3
CHC Trail Guide

Post by johnnyspikesH3 »

I like liked mine, so Yup !! They look awesomely cool too . If you have 35's and daily drive the truck and drive the crap out of it . 2 years for sure with out question .
Last edited by johnnyspikesH3 on Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
<p>2014 JKU SAHARA , 3.6L AUTO ,4 INCH PRO COMP STAGE ONE WITH MX6 SHOCKS AND PC DUAL STABILIZERS, PRO COMP ADJUSTABLE TRACK BAR,RUBICON EXPRESS DROP CONTROL ARM BRACKETS 35.12.50-17 FIERCE ATTITUDE, 17x9 PRO COMP 7031 WHEELS,KC 6 INCH AND 5 INCH LIGHTS AND BRACKETS, WARRIOR REAR TIRE SPACER , SMITTYBILT SEAT COVERS. ROUGH COUNTRY STUBBY BUMPER , SMITTYBILT 10,000LB X20 WINCH, COAST FRONT DRIVE-SHAFT, DYNOMAX CAT BACK EXHAUST
Waldo
CHC Pilot

Post by Waldo »

I've been looking for upgrading brakes as well I haven't used the power stop or powerslot brakes yet. But in both my old Sierra 1500 and 3500 Duramax I used EBC greenstuff pads and sport rotors, amazing brakes for the entire life span! I was getting around 3 years from them on my half ton. I haven't been able to find a Canadian supplier yet though.

If you want THE best of the best braking setup: DBA 4x4 survival rotors paired with EBC Greenstuff pads. But again: no Canadian supplier and big BIG$$$$ min $240/ rotor for DBA. Used to run them on my 600hp r32 Skyline amazing stopping power and life span. Just stupidly expensive for it.
BERULAKIDE
Club Member

Post by BERULAKIDE »

I got mine, drilled rotors and pads for 236 from prime choice auto online I think... they seem pretty good, no super awesome upgrade o anything. I needed new so I guess they were cheap enough. They shipped them to me for that price.
shotgun-cam
CHC Trail SuperGuide

Post by shotgun-cam »

We're running Wagner thermo quiet pads about 200 a set (GAP) on standard rotors Rhino has 130,000kms and is coming up on first rotor replacement 6 1/2 yrs out of dealers pads have outlasted the lt 285 kumho's and will be replaced only because rotors are at lifes end and will become wheel spacers.
Enjoy Life and Leave the World a Little Better Each Day!!