Rancho shocks

The great Hummer look and Beefier then you average Compact SUV
AllenAventador
Club Member

Re: Rancho shocks

Post by AllenAventador »

Exhaust system is now installed and to be quite honest the sound is far too calm and I think an increase in compression and maybe some cams, any help in that regard polar?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
whitehumh2
CHC Trail SuperGuide

Post by whitehumh2 »

While the exhaust looks really great...I think there are some other things to address before you play with cams. Have you addressed your intake yet??? Maybe you should start there. Consider one from Air Docs or AirAid with the throttle body spacer. If you plan to offroad a snorkel will protect your engine from surprises and get you a ram air effect. The cold air intake will not protect your engine from water in anyway but will give a more throaty sound. I would personally do the snorkel with a high flow filter and intake tube and keep the factory housing. This is how mine is set-up.

As well, you need to make sure you don't go too loud otherwise the cops will be all over your H3!

IF you still want to go with a cam...I can suggest some awesome ones that will really bring the LS Engine to life!
Last edited by whitehumh2 on Wed May 14, 2014 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
<p class="bbc_center">1 - There is a time for everything,

and a season for every activity under the heavens:

3b - a time to tear down and a time to build,

5 - a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,

Ecclesiastes 3:1,3b&5a
AllenAventador
Club Member

Post by AllenAventador »

I have an air doc system with a performance air filter installed and of course I kept the box as well :) and a jetson throttle body spacer the car seems awfully quiet to me. Cops were right next to me at the traffic light and it's like I wasn't even there. But ya I want my truck have real power. And a sound when it hits 2nd gear. The engine is louder than the exhaust which is what bothered me. But I am looking for that classic muscle car idle. I know we were screwed on the compression ratio with the alpha. At 9:1.1 I believe while the H2 was at 10:1.1. I want this engine to sound like the corvette it was derived from. It's all aluminum already. What's the next step should I take polar?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PSE30
Club Member

Post by PSE30 »

I'd like to do a cam swap on my 08 I5. I wonder....
AllenAventador
Club Member

Post by AllenAventador »

[quote="PSE30"]
I'd like to do a cam swap on my 08 I5. I wonder....
[/quote]
i  want to do the same as well, but dont know where to look. i know i found this for the 5.3 <a href="http://www.trickflow.com/partdetail.asp ... orig=1.</a> As for the I5 i dont really know. i will keep a look out for it and report back here 
whitehumh2
CHC Trail SuperGuide

Post by whitehumh2 »

Try Vinci High Performance.

I will be getting an entire valvetrain from them for my H2! Major boost to low and mid-range hp and torque.

Sorry been way too busy!
<p class="bbc_center">1 - There is a time for everything,

and a season for every activity under the heavens:

3b - a time to tear down and a time to build,

5 - a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,

Ecclesiastes 3:1,3b&5a
AllenAventador
Club Member

Post by AllenAventador »

[quote="Polar Bear"]
Try Vinci High Performance.

I will be getting an entire valvetrain from them for my H2! Major boost to low and mid-range hp and torque.

Sorry been way too busy!
[/quote]
Thanks polar!!! will check them out!!! 
PSE30
Club Member

Post by PSE30 »

Cool cool