Mom's 08 H3 Alpha

The great Hummer look and Beefier then you average Compact SUV
citiboy
CHC Trail Guide

Re: Mom's 08 H3 Alpha

Post by citiboy »

[quote="Monk"]
Can totally see you love your truck, I always feel good after I do few things on the truck (lol, long as nothing breaks) hehe
[/quote]

Mom's truck not mine...and she totally loves it! 
[quote="ddgermann"]
"Completely flushed cooling system and installed Evans Waterless coolant."

Are you running 0 pressure in the cooling system now with the Evans waterless in it?

Derek

PS: Yes the mods and upgrades look great. You did very clean looking job. Well done. (dont tell my wife hers is a black 10 Alpha and I like it just the way it is!)
[/quote]

Since i installed Evans on my H2 and my wife H3, i have no problem with it and the temperature we're at least 2-3 degrees lower than with the Dexcool...and no pssssst (pressure) even if the engine temperature at 95*C.

The reason i added the trans cooler is to prevent the mixing of the coolant and the trans fluids if the radiator trans cooler do breaks. Plus, the transmission runs a little cooler.
Last edited by citiboy on Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<p class="bbc_center">2008 Hummer H2 Luxury Edition
<div> </div>
<div>Toyo MT 38x13.50x18 on Rockstar. Green keys. 2" rear spacers. 1" bodylift. Cognito UCA, steering bracket, front stab links. Bilstein 5100 shocks. Moog inner/outer tie-rods, pitman, idler arm & bracket with remote zerk. E&G Classics fender flares. ARP 434-1301 ex. man. stud kit. Airaid perf. air filter. Crown Performance brake lines. Warn PowerPlant HD. Rubberduck UCP. Gobi Ranger Roof Rack. Morimoto FX-R 3.0 projector headlights with 55w AC HID kit. Hella Rallye 4000 aux lights. Evans waterless coolant.</div>

<p class="bbc_center"><a class="bbc_url" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHPamkrWbiY">Off-Road Videos</a>
ddgermann
CHC Pilot

Post by ddgermann »

Mom's truck not mine...and she totally loves it! 

Since i installed Evans on my H2 and my wife H3, i 9have no problem with it and the temperature we're at least 2-3 degrees lower than with the Dexcool...and no pssssst (pressure) even if the engine temperature at 95*C.
I took the spring out of my surge tank cap to hold 0 pressure in the system when it heats up. 0 psi is what was recommended by Evans and it seemed like the easiest way to do it. There are special caps you can buy but so far this is working good. I too noticed a small drop in operating temps for normal driving. I will put it to the test in a few months pulling my trailer through the rockies. That reminds me... I need to back off my boost too as it is set a tad too high. The thing takes off like a drag car but the EGTs rocket up way to quick. Can only use 1/3 throttle to keep them below 1000F. Boost is overranging the 15psi gauge too at that point. I am going to back the wastegate controller off to a max of 13 and try that.
Last edited by ddgermann on Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1999 H1 HMC4 (black on black)

Hummer: from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia. n.[font=inherit;font-size:.9em;font-style:inherit;font-weight:inherit] "One who, or that which excels in any quality, especially in general energy or speed."[/font]
ddgermann
CHC Pilot

Post by ddgermann »

Pardon me Cityboy... I am on the verge of hijacking your good post.
1999 H1 HMC4 (black on black)

Hummer: from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia. n.[font=inherit;font-size:.9em;font-style:inherit;font-weight:inherit] "One who, or that which excels in any quality, especially in general energy or speed."[/font]
citiboy
CHC Trail Guide

Post by citiboy »

Not a problem dude...hijack away \m/
<p class="bbc_center">2008 Hummer H2 Luxury Edition
<div> </div>
<div>Toyo MT 38x13.50x18 on Rockstar. Green keys. 2" rear spacers. 1" bodylift. Cognito UCA, steering bracket, front stab links. Bilstein 5100 shocks. Moog inner/outer tie-rods, pitman, idler arm & bracket with remote zerk. E&G Classics fender flares. ARP 434-1301 ex. man. stud kit. Airaid perf. air filter. Crown Performance brake lines. Warn PowerPlant HD. Rubberduck UCP. Gobi Ranger Roof Rack. Morimoto FX-R 3.0 projector headlights with 55w AC HID kit. Hella Rallye 4000 aux lights. Evans waterless coolant.</div>

<p class="bbc_center"><a class="bbc_url" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHPamkrWbiY">Off-Road Videos</a>