blower motor harness

The great Hummer look and Beefier then you average Compact SUV
canman
Club Member

blower motor harness

Post by canman »

high everyone again. I have to take my h3 into the g.m dealer tomorrow for the blower motor . they told me there is a g.m dealer in London that is doing the recall on them , they did not know what dealer is doing it though . anybody know what dealer in London is doing the recall ?  thanks .
citiboy
CHC Trail Guide

Re: blower motor harness

Post by citiboy »

Any gm dealer could do the recall. You have to call them first so they can order the parts and they will call you back when they receive it. Just had my wife 09 H3 done last week at a chevy dealership. It took a week for parts to arrived. 
Last edited by citiboy on Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<p class="bbc_center">2008 Hummer H2 Luxury Edition
<div> </div>
<div>Toyo MT 38x13.50x18 on Rockstar. Green keys. 2" rear spacers. 1" bodylift. Cognito UCA, steering bracket, front stab links. Bilstein 5100 shocks. Moog inner/outer tie-rods, pitman, idler arm & bracket with remote zerk. E&G Classics fender flares. ARP 434-1301 ex. man. stud kit. Airaid perf. air filter. Crown Performance brake lines. Warn PowerPlant HD. Rubberduck UCP. Gobi Ranger Roof Rack. Morimoto FX-R 3.0 projector headlights with 55w AC HID kit. Hella Rallye 4000 aux lights. Evans waterless coolant.</div>

<p class="bbc_center"><a class="bbc_url" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHPamkrWbiY">Off-Road Videos</a>
ddgermann
CHC Pilot

Post by ddgermann »

I had this issue fixed on my wifes 2010 Alpha in August last year. (almost $900) I heard about the recall here afterwards. I checked the GM recall site and yes there it is listed for our truck by vin#. Dealer says the replacement is does not correct the problem and they are working on it. Once the proper repair is engineered they will complete the recall and refund the $$$. Called GM Canada and they say the same BS. SO they fix it twice and hold my $$ in the meantime??!!  Total BS.  I better check back reading the above. Thanks
There is another thread on here where the guys offer an alternative for this bad relay that solves the problem. It should be easy to find.

D

Heres a link to the other earlier thread on this subject guys.

http://www.canadianhummerclub.com/forum/index.php?/topic/5040-h3-interior-ventalation-fan-failure/
Last edited by ddgermann on Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
1999 H1 HMC4 (black on black)

Hummer: from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia. n.[font=inherit;font-size:.9em;font-style:inherit;font-weight:inherit] "One who, or that which excels in any quality, especially in general energy or speed."[/font]
shotgun-cam
CHC Trail SuperGuide

Post by shotgun-cam »

napa  auto parts has a fix {they had it well before GM recall heard about it not seen it  ) PS Rhino is on 3rd set of wires and resistor pack one waranty one paid for and third failed but working via splice As for dealers some stock parts In T.O. Roy Foss and handle more Hummers than normal Gm dealers.
Enjoy Life and Leave the World a Little Better Each Day!!
ddgermann
CHC Pilot

Post by ddgermann »

Hi Gang,

I took the H3 into the dealership for some balljoints and they informed me GM has a new harness to install for the recall on the blower motor issue. They informed me GM has "engineered" a solution finally. 
So the good news is I am getting the new harness installed for free and full refund for the relay/harness repair they did last summer.

Offsets the cost of the balljoints/wheel alignment buy almost half..... yay    :headbang:   
This H3 is taking a pothole beating on the crap roads in Edmonton daily. Likely it would stand up much better in the bush!

Oh..by the way. I was informed on the phone there was a huge leak from my oil pan. With the 5.3 V8 the whole front rack has to come out to replace the gasket to the tune of $2700.00...bla bla.
I said hang on...walked to the garage...looked at the floor...not a drop of oil... told the advisor...she said "let me get back to you...it might have been a different H3 we have in here".

Never heard back.....WOW hahaha not

You wonder why people hate the dealerships.

Have a great day Gang!  
Last edited by ddgermann on Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
1999 H1 HMC4 (black on black)

Hummer: from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia. n.[font=inherit;font-size:.9em;font-style:inherit;font-weight:inherit] "One who, or that which excels in any quality, especially in general energy or speed."[/font]