Engine Code P2431

The great Hummer look and Beefier then you average Compact SUV
ChadB
Club Member

Engine Code P2431

Post by ChadB »

[font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif;font-size:13px]Hey Guys,[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif;font-size:13px]When I start the old '07 H3 I get engine code P2431 which says "Secondary Air Injection System Pressure Sensor Performance."  Apparently this reduces the hydrocarbon emissions during cold starts??  Really other than the light coming on and I turning it off with the code reader every time the vehicle doesn't drive or run any different at all, a few weeks ago it breezed through an Ontario emission test.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif;font-size:13px]Do you think it's worth looking into or not a big deal?[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif;font-size:13px]Thanks[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif;font-size:13px]Chad[/font]
  • 2007 H3 Luxury 3.7 L
  • Polar Bear brush guard and tail light protectors
  • GM Roof Marker lights
  • Rough Country level kit - With T-Bar tweak at 24
  • Skyjacker 7000 shocks
  • Magnaflow exhaust
  • Trail Duty extended bump stops
  • AirDoc intake- AFE filter
  • 315-75-16 LT Eldorado Mud Claws
  • 55 watt off road lights
Big_Dub
CHC Pilot

Re: Engine Code P2431

Post by Big_Dub »

Eventually you will have to get it fixed for the next e-test so I guess it's a matter of how long you want to wait to fix the problem.