Hummer Conversion Shops in Ontario

The great Hummer look and Beefier then you average Compact SUV
whitehumh2
CHC Trail SuperGuide

Re: Hummer Conversion Shops in Ontario

Post by whitehumh2 »

Think about dumping the entire truck and picking up a good low mileage H3 Alpha. 
Ours has been really good. Just the normal maintenance you would expect at 95K. Brakes, tires, struts and an annoying blower relay recall that GM did finally come good for. Runs great and can keep up to everything around you on the road. Might be cheaper in the long run than doing a conversion that is forever "almost done" meaning tranny upgrades, computer flashes......etc.
Granted our H3 Alpha is only a menace in city traffic as my wife drives the hell out of it daily; and not doing any offroad fun, but it has been reliable and 0 engine, transmission or driveline issues.

My wife wont part with hers. Its a 2010 and I tried getting her a new SUV type road menace last year...she would not even consider a day without her H3.

My 2 cents...

Good luck..
I would greatly agree that this would be the most cost effective route!

Besides any 4.8L, 5.3L or 6.0L will fit...you will just need the proper oil pan to clear the front differential and then obviously the proper harness but you would simply need to purchase one from an Alpha and just clip it in!

Kev
<p class="bbc_center">1 - There is a time for everything,

and a season for every activity under the heavens:

3b - a time to tear down and a time to build,

5 - a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,

Ecclesiastes 3:1,3b&5a
citiboy
CHC Trail Guide

Post by citiboy »

Last edited by citiboy on Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<p class="bbc_center">2008 Hummer H2 Luxury Edition
<div> </div>
<div>Toyo MT 38x13.50x18 on Rockstar. Green keys. 2" rear spacers. 1" bodylift. Cognito UCA, steering bracket, front stab links. Bilstein 5100 shocks. Moog inner/outer tie-rods, pitman, idler arm & bracket with remote zerk. E&G Classics fender flares. ARP 434-1301 ex. man. stud kit. Airaid perf. air filter. Crown Performance brake lines. Warn PowerPlant HD. Rubberduck UCP. Gobi Ranger Roof Rack. Morimoto FX-R 3.0 projector headlights with 55w AC HID kit. Hella Rallye 4000 aux lights. Evans waterless coolant.</div>

<p class="bbc_center"><a class="bbc_url" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHPamkrWbiY">Off-Road Videos</a>
Monk
CHC Trail SuperGuide

Post by Monk »

Man that's sexy!!
96 HMC4

Optimizer N/A

Super Swamper IROKS 39.5x13.5x 16.5
ChadB
Club Member

Post by ChadB »

Yeah, seems like if I did any type of conversion I should have the ability and space to maintain it myself cause I'd be on my own. Our house just has a one stall garage and I keep the Shelby in there. ;)  Like Roy said if I want to keep it I need to just get a good mechanic and keep it running.
Last edited by ChadB on Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • 2007 H3 Luxury 3.7 L
  • Polar Bear brush guard and tail light protectors
  • GM Roof Marker lights
  • Rough Country level kit - With T-Bar tweak at 24
  • Skyjacker 7000 shocks
  • Magnaflow exhaust
  • Trail Duty extended bump stops
  • AirDoc intake- AFE filter
  • 315-75-16 LT Eldorado Mud Claws
  • 55 watt off road lights
WIBS
CHC Pilot

Post by WIBS »

Yes, we should all keep our Hummer.....they are a rare breed..........

I just checked the Auto Trader website and there are only 94 Hummers of all models for sale in all of Canada......WooooooW !!!!!!!!
ddgermann
CHC Pilot

Post by ddgermann »

[quote="WIBS"]
Yes, we should all keep our Hummer.....they are a rare breed..........

I just checked the Auto Trader website and there are only 94 Hummers of all models for sale in all of Canada......WooooooW !!!!!!!!
[/quote]

Yes it was sad to let the 09 SUT go. But the pull out of the 650HP Vette in its garage spot is easing the pain. 

The H1 and the Wife's H3A are not going anywhere.....
1999 H1 HMC4 (black on black)

Hummer: from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia. n.[font=inherit;font-size:.9em;font-style:inherit;font-weight:inherit] "One who, or that which excels in any quality, especially in general energy or speed."[/font]