Aux power (USB) in H3T rear wiper blank?

The great Hummer look and Beefier then you average Compact SUV
FiRE
Club Member

Aux power (USB) in H3T rear wiper blank?

Post by FiRE »

So I was thinking about doing a pair of 5V USB aux ports in my H3T's blank spot where the H3 rear wiper control would be near the AUX plugs on lower dash.

I cant seem to find much info or mods for that spot online, and have yet to pull dash apart and see what I have to work with.

I'm thinking of using RAP power and a module kinda like this one.  I'm still a bit unsure about size, that link may or may not fit, but you get the idea.

Just wondering if anyone has done something like this or used that spot before?  I mean why reinvent the wheel if there is a post I have overlooked :)

Matt
yevych
CHC Pilot

Re: Aux power (USB) in H3T rear wiper blank?

Post by yevych »

I actually was looking at hooking AUX somehow. The only option I found was: https://schwarttzy.com/product/h3-quick-n-simple-auxiliary-audio-input/
I bought and tried to fit in - but couldn't... might be different for my 2010. I didn't find anything else and just bought 'Pyle PBT94 Bluetooth FM Radio Transmitter' from walmart for about $50. It works OK.
Would love to have AUX on dash though... 
2010 H3 Adventure 3.7L - Hummer evolution :), 35" Mickey Thomson MTZ on 16" MT SideBiters, oem underbody & rocker protection, Safari snorkle, K&N filters, Air Doc intake, Rola roof rack, Off-road lights, Runva winch on High-Mount and Warn on tray, Outfitter heavy duty tie rods.
FiRE
Club Member

Re: Aux power (USB) in H3T rear wiper blank?

Post by FiRE »

Sorry I meant Aux power not audio.  That said I've been thinking about that as well.  Apparently GM made an add-on that added bluetooth streaming functionality I read somewhere else. 
If I find the link I'll share it, that said might be hard to find the OEM parts as its probably out of production.