Alaska Off Road Warriors

This is a free for all area to catch anything..a Fun spot..
Sugarphreak
CHC Pilot

Re: Alaska Off Road Warriors

Post by Sugarphreak »

This show is kind of putting the 4x4 community in a bad light... some of those guys are being real idiots on the trail
Archngel
CHC Trail SuperGuide

Post by Archngel »

i watched 1or 2 episode of that show,, No light treading there,, and i even saw one of the local participant giving a load of shit to one of the participant that came from one of the lower states about the bashing of trees, running over them scraping them that he didn't care about the nature and protecting it. etc.

and their vehicle, ouff one of them ( super jeep??) the passenger not strapped in,, is bouncing around like a ball, and end up unconscious , the driver calls in , i might have an emergency here , not even stopping to check because of the race,, wow,, what $$$$ incentive make men do. unbelievable.  

i wouldn't want to race with a bunch like that where wining at all cost is the rule. 
<p class="bbc_center">Wake up , it's off road time.

White 10 H3 Alpha, Black on White, Adventure, Toyo Open Country MT 315/75-16,

Front and Rear lockers, Under Body Armor, Rocker Protector, T-Max12000, Gobi Stealth Rack
<p class="bbc_center">White 08 H2 SUT Luxury on BF K02 AT 37x12.50R17 with Rancho 9000 serie
<p class="bbc_center">the rest is on the works
whitehumh2
CHC Trail SuperGuide

Post by whitehumh2 »

|guess one thing that I am disappointed with is the fact that we all end up looking bad because of 5 teams of 2. Most people won't make any distinction between us and them...we will be guilty by association.

It does suck, since the show has the potential to reach a lot of people and use it as teachable moments in safety both in off road driving and off road recovery, being courteous off road and respect the environment by Treading Lightly!

I am actually surprised that it this day and age they were able to produce a show like this!

If this happened in Quebec, we would lose most of our trails in the Province!

I guess we need to make sure we are all doing our part to inform people that these guys are idiots and we are not all like this! That will take some work!
<p class="bbc_center">1 - There is a time for everything,

and a season for every activity under the heavens:

3b - a time to tear down and a time to build,

5 - a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,

Ecclesiastes 3:1,3b&5a
s0ulst3al3r
CHC Trail Guide

Post by s0ulst3al3r »

Ya I was expecting alot more out of that show ...but thats what sells ripping shit up and breaking stuff and arguing ...oh well ...like this show from a year ago shows more of a true overland expedition then this new show . I know I enjoyed it more then this new show thats for sure . 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gL51gIdyUeY
Lifted , locked and ready to rock!

2005 H2 SUT - 2007 Chopper

✯☠✯
whitehumh2
CHC Trail SuperGuide

Post by whitehumh2 »

Hi Guys,

I changed the name of the post since...while I thought it would have been better, it is what it is!

As well, saying This is my type of show...when they don't promote proper offroad respect and techinques...would not be true!

So I just made a quick edit!

Thanks,

Kev

Monk
CHC Trail SuperGuide

Post by Monk »

Ya these guys are not friendly at all
96 HMC4

Optimizer N/A

Super Swamper IROKS 39.5x13.5x 16.5
Khamul
CHC Pilot

Post by Khamul »

Watching it now.... Its kewl as its offroading... Kinda comical at times as to what they consider challenging.....

But a complete dissregard for mother nature.... Red necks in Alaska! .... Jeep will win!!!!

I like that land Rover!
Live life like there is no tomorrow!! You never know what's around the next corner.....
whitehumh2
CHC Trail SuperGuide

Post by whitehumh2 »

Ya I was expecting alot more out of that show ...but thats what sells ripping shit up and breaking stuff and arguing ...oh well ...like this show from a year ago shows more of a true overland expedition then this new show . I know I enjoyed it more then this new show thats for sure . 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gL51gIdyUeY
Thanks Alot Gary!

Now I am watching every episode of this Series!

I must say, it is really well done, Very Professional!

Thanks for finding it and posting it!

Roy
CHC Trail SuperGuide

Post by Roy »

Kind of destroys what we try and build.--- A good rep for the sport and saving the wilderness.
                                      99 Wagon
                          5.9 Cummins 12 valve  mech.                                     Stocking most parts to fix your H1  :smil9:
                                   41.5-13.5 R16.5 Pitbull Rockers,
                                     Auburn lockers front and rear
                                  Full custom underbody protection
                                                3" body lift
                                          4" side rock tubes                                 
                               12100 rear cv shafts                                                                        

519-272-1761   :cellphone:
<p style="text-align:center;"> 
Boeing Jet
CHC Trail SuperGuide

Post by Boeing Jet »

I saw a preview for this show and found that it looks very easy for our Hummers. I read on the site that route is broken up in legs which mean they stay in a camper or hotel and most likely have mechanics fix their jeeps while they sleep. I will not watch it because of the fact that they don't tread lightly. Of course the network pushes these guys which make it more comical if anything. Anyone interested for a drive up there and show them how's it done right? LOL