LED blinkers

Open to the public and everyone to view, a general area to just chat about anything...
Monk
CHC Trail SuperGuide

LED blinkers

Post by Monk »

Figures after 20+ years my plastic etc are getting bad.
So instead of amg lights I went this route.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Monk
CHC Trail SuperGuide

Re: LED blinkers

Post by Monk »

It definitely needed some minor modifications to get this to fit but it looks very bright and I very happy with it
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Monk
CHC Trail SuperGuide

Post by Monk »

Even the factory plug that was for the LED was green and corroded I pulled that out by hand. I mean the complete plug-in everything was so green it just pulled apart.
My old lenses had a crack in almost seemed rotting on the bottom.
I got these lights on Amazon I think they are called truck pedestal LED lights, 60 bucks for both, that's with shipping....
this summer I will try to keep more updates on some maintenance stuff as I'll definitely have to visit Roy for typical maintenance stuff.
I have to admit after I left the shop it went a full year and a half zero issues whatsoever Mechanically .
Injunfarian
CHC President

Post by Injunfarian »

Those look great, swapping everything to LED's is definitely on my list. I did my clearance lights several years ago and just did the dash gauges and indicator lights. the remaining exterior lights are next then interior lights.
Monk
CHC Trail SuperGuide

Post by Monk »

I just did my rear tail lights LED as well yesterday, Boy oh boy once those babies are hooked up, the flasher dont wanna work anymore....hehe
At first I thought I did something wrong in the wiring.

So today I went to Princess Auto and I bought two electric flashers instead of the factory ones.

Now works like a charm!! Super happy with this set up....
For other people wanting to hook up their tail lights as well if they want their cruise control to work,they're going to have to put little resistors in the lights wiring .

Probably wouldnt need the electric flashers I bet if you go the resistor route
They sell everywhere just Google Led resistor.
Injunfarian
CHC President

Post by Injunfarian »

Awesome thanks for the information!
Monk
CHC Trail SuperGuide

Post by Monk »

Ok ok, one slight glitch...as i was walking my dog I walked behind my truck at night ,and noticed a very very little glow..
From what I read ,it a common issue with LEDs... so I put in (on the easier side) a resistor. Now when the lights are off its 100% off.
Roy
CHC Trail SuperGuide

Post by Roy »

Should test how long battery stays full with that small draw...Should not be a big or fast draw..
Monk
CHC Trail SuperGuide

Post by Monk »

Lol, I'm sure it would last weeks no problems, BUT , the way I am, I'd keep thinking and going insane over that little bit of a power draw , hahha
I swear ,weird stuff stresses me...hehe