HUMMER as an E-truck

Open to the public and everyone to view, a general area to just chat about anything...
Injunfarian
CHC President

Re: HUMMER as an E-truck

Post by Injunfarian »

Yeah see that is how Hummer started out as a Model and not a stand alone brand.. the Make was AM General and Model was Hummer.. it never became its own make/brand until GM purchased it.

Some of the articles I read state that GM is going into this knowing that it will be a limited sales type of vehicle, likely another reason why it is not revamping the brand as well which I believe is smart.

TBH I am more concerned over the final product in which they create(specs, appearance, capabilities, reliability, etc.) over what brand is it going to be released under.

So far it does look somewhat promising, however unfortunately it does not look like they went with the H4/Hx prototype..
Cliff A
1998 AM General HMCO

Lambton Shores, ON.
www.eToolSmith.com
Archngel
CHC Trail SuperGuide

Post by Archngel »

the H4/HX was to compete with the Jeep Wrangler 2 doors, now that jeep sells more unlimited model ( 4 doors ) the size of the H3, the HX kind of just dropped out of focus. i have a pict of what looks like an H3 but for some reason, ,i cannot add it here,, every time i click to add a picture the page become grey and cant do anything on it, ,need to refresh to go back ,,  :(  but i posted it on the FB group on Cliff post Official statement about HUMMER from GMC 
<p class="bbc_center">Wake up , it's off road time.

White 10 H3 Alpha, Black on White, Adventure, Toyo Open Country MT 315/75-16,

Front and Rear lockers, Under Body Armor, Rocker Protector, T-Max12000, Gobi Stealth Rack
<p class="bbc_center">White 08 H2 SUT Luxury on BF K02 AT 37x12.50R17 with Rancho 9000 serie
<p class="bbc_center">the rest is on the works
collega
CHC Pilot

Post by collega »

Yes, I read today big article on yahoo finance and it's confirmed one more time that electric(pure or hybrid) pick up Hummer truck will come on sale next year September 2021.

And all details of new electric Hummer pick up truck under the GMC brand will be presented on May 20, 2020.

I will try to post link
Hummer,like nothing else!
collega
CHC Pilot

Post by collega »

Hummer,like nothing else!
Injunfarian
CHC President

Post by Injunfarian »

Found this posted on Facebook, cannot say how legit it is.. but looks pretty close to the sneak peak videos. 

Cliff A
1998 AM General HMCO

Lambton Shores, ON.
www.eToolSmith.com
Monk
CHC Trail SuperGuide

Post by Monk »

Sorta curious, how well (sales) will they do.
96 HMC4

Optimizer N/A

Super Swamper IROKS 39.5x13.5x 16.5
Big_Dub
CHC Pilot

Post by Big_Dub »

The photo was someones rendering based off of what was seen in the commercial.  I hope the actual truck looks better than that rendering
WIBS
CHC Pilot

Post by WIBS »

Waiting and waiting until May 20.....looking forward to see the actual production model...