HUMMER as an E-truck

Open to the public and everyone to view, a general area to just chat about anything...
Big_Dub
CHC Pilot

HUMMER as an E-truck

Post by Big_Dub »

What do you guys think about HUMMER being brought back as a brand by GMC as an electric pick up?  I'm not sure how I feel yet, idea is interesting.  I hope they deliver a great truck, if not this will be horrible.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/11/cars/gm-electric-pickup-hummer/index.html

Roy
CHC Trail SuperGuide

Re: HUMMER as an E-truck

Post by Roy »

Could work, they is a few electric H2's already out there, as well as Arnolds Creation
                                      99 Wagon
                          5.9 Cummins 12 valve  mech.                                     Stocking most parts to fix your H1  :smil9:
                                   41.5-13.5 R16.5 Pitbull Rockers,
                                     Auburn lockers front and rear
                                  Full custom underbody protection
                                                3" body lift
                                          4" side rock tubes                                 
                               12100 rear cv shafts                                                                        

519-272-1761   :cellphone:
<p style="text-align:center;"> 
ddgermann
CHC Pilot

Post by ddgermann »

1999 H1 HMC4 (black on black)

Hummer: from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia. n.[font=inherit;font-size:.9em;font-style:inherit;font-weight:inherit] "One who, or that which excels in any quality, especially in general energy or speed."[/font]
Injunfarian
CHC President

Post by Injunfarian »

Well I feel like there were 2 versions of the hummer name/brand.. pre GM was the utilitarian version of the hummer geared towards function over luxury. than the GM version which was a luxurious SUV brand.

With GM behind the wheel I have a feeling it will be heading in the later direction, however I am hoping they will create a utilitarian model geared towards farmers, homesteaders, mines, offroad enthusiasts etc. However I am not holding my breath.
Cliff A
1998 AM General HMCO

Lambton Shores, ON.
www.eToolSmith.com
ddgermann
CHC Pilot

Post by ddgermann »

Having owned the top optioned trucks in all 3 models you are correct. They were clearly designed with different things in mind.

Frankly I enjoyed all of them from that perspective but skip ahead to today... I only have the H1 left in the barn as it is simply unique to anything on the road being designed for off road.

Unlikely I would be interested in a luxury version of anything less. Electric or not.
1999 H1 HMC4 (black on black)

Hummer: from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia. n.[font=inherit;font-size:.9em;font-style:inherit;font-weight:inherit] "One who, or that which excels in any quality, especially in general energy or speed."[/font]
WIBS
CHC Pilot

Post by WIBS »

Hopefully, we can get a peek on Feb 2.....
Injunfarian
CHC President

Post by Injunfarian »

So here it is.. from the manufacturer themselves.. appears like Hummer will not be coming back as a brand but instead as a model like it did originally with AM General but this time under the GMC brand.

https://media.gmc.com/media/us/en/gmc/home.detail.html/content/Pages/news/us/en/2020/jan/0113-hummer.html
Cliff A
1998 AM General HMCO

Lambton Shores, ON.
www.eToolSmith.com
Injunfarian
CHC President

Post by Injunfarian »

Cliff A
1998 AM General HMCO

Lambton Shores, ON.
www.eToolSmith.com
Big_Dub
CHC Pilot

Post by Big_Dub »

Read an article that mentioned 1000HP and a 400mi range, pretty impressive.  Really curious as to what the price point will be.  The limited view of the truck in the clip above at least looks promising, looks great actually (easy to do while showing 1/10 of the total truck though)
Archngel
CHC Trail SuperGuide

Post by Archngel »

a few Cie like Raser also made some H3 electric or Hybrid,, in 2008-09 so its not really new, ,but since tech is already there, and improved in the last 10 yrs, why not,, but can it be a stand alone brand, ,apparently not,, but then,, even the H3 or H2 had the GM stamp on the side,, so HUMMER By GM or HUMMER in the GMC line up, , i think it would could still be a statement. The thing is,, would it still stand up as an Off Road vehicle, i am kind of scared river crossing, deep mud digging, and any other stuff that is not really compatible with electricity. 
<p class="bbc_center">Wake up , it's off road time.

White 10 H3 Alpha, Black on White, Adventure, Toyo Open Country MT 315/75-16,

Front and Rear lockers, Under Body Armor, Rocker Protector, T-Max12000, Gobi Stealth Rack
<p class="bbc_center">White 08 H2 SUT Luxury on BF K02 AT 37x12.50R17 with Rancho 9000 serie
<p class="bbc_center">the rest is on the works