New Package Came In Today

Open to the public and everyone to view, a general area to just chat about anything...
Injunfarian
CHC President

New Package Came In Today

Post by Injunfarian »

After 15+ years of running 16.5's I have decided to finally upgrade. Recently I tried to source out 16.5" tires locally and had a hard time, one local vendor even stated that it was illegal for them to sell without Department of Defense to sign off on them due to being used for military use. I am unsure how true that statement is but definitely left me struggling... I didn't want to buy the 70% take offs and wanted new, I ended up finding a great deal for NOS surplus ones states side.

However tire choices are limited and just a pain to get, so finally bit the bullet and was delivered this package today.

I will be keeping my 2pc 16.5" steel wheels as my aggressive offroad set and wrap them in some 39.5x13.5R16.5LT Irok Radials since I do really like those tires especially the softer rubber compound but they get chewed up quick on the street especially under a heavier truck.

Then I will use these new 1pc aluminum wheels(I specifically wanted the 1pc so I can easily get the tires mounted at any shop) as my street tires. Unsure what I am going to wrap them in but hoping 40" of some sort.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Injunfarian
CHC President

Re: New Package Came In Today

Post by Injunfarian »

It will likely take awhile before I clean them up and get them wrapped since there is still alot of good tread on my BFGs and I am in no rush to get these on the truck.. However I plan on cleaning them up and powder coating them similar to what The Beast Did with his.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.