Inspiration behind Hummer HX

What is Next?? What would you like to See?
Sugarphreak
CHC Pilot

Inspiration behind Hummer HX

Post by Sugarphreak »

I saw this on youtube the other day, I thought it was pretty interesting to see what was really behind the concept.

It wasn't really born out of a marketing focus group, it was put together by a group of younger designers that were inspired by other HUMMER vehicles and what they really stood for.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuAZ-YR3KbE[/media]
JL
CHC Trail Guide

Re: Inspiration behind Hummer HX

Post by JL »

That is interesting! Reminds me I got this really cool item off Ebay a few weeks ago, apparently it's something like the press material that GM sent out in 2008 all about the upcoming HX. It's cool though, it's in a nice case with the Hummer logo, 2 CDs included with press material and pictures/videos and a booklet with some stats and stuff. For $20 or whatever can't go wrong with cool Hummer collectibles!

Woulda been a heck of a cool machine! One of the concept videos shows an on-board LED flashlight mounted in one of the doors, use it for a bit and put it back in the door... and it charged off the vehicle! Which you can also see in the video you posted, I thought that was pretty cool!
[center]2006 H2 - Couple goodies but basically stock!

[/center]
dwaxman1
CHC Trail Guide

Post by dwaxman1 »

this would have been great...i really like the look of it.. and who knows, maybe someday it will hit the market, maybe...
<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 --> 
JL
CHC Trail Guide

Post by JL »

Did you see the photos on hummerguy.net of some dude who rebodied an H2 to look like the HX?

Good effort but not quite sure the final result really captures it...

http://www.hummerguy.net/
[center]2006 H2 - Couple goodies but basically stock!

[/center]