Ardbag 2016

Here is a great place to Post events in your Area!!
canadah1
CHC Navigator

Re: Ardbag 2016

Post by canadah1 »

Just to get the conversation started can I suggest either Sept 17/18 weekend or Sept 24/25 if that works better? Any other suggestions? We will likely camp it again.

BTW. Maple Island does have great trails and is close to Ardbeg. Somewhat narrow for an H1as I recall when I had the ATV up there.
Pulcino
Club Member

Post by Pulcino »

Later half of September works well for us (Sat-Sun) but I'd much prefer a wider trail as I'd like to avoid scratching off too much paint...trying to maintain a nice car...

Did a Minden PowerLine run that was nice but it many areas way too tight for a H1.

Anyway, looking forward getting out on the trail with other H1s! :-)
1998 Hummer H1, Candy Apple Red, P400 engine, Rigid 50" LED, Tooth roof rack and tire carrier and the rest is stock :-)
duncanpa
CHC Trail SuperGuide

Post by duncanpa »

I live in Parry Sound so I am good for any date that you guys pick
2005 Black on Black Beautiful BEAST

The Only Way To Get Over It Is To Drive A Hummer
Toxicrider
CHC Pilot

Post by Toxicrider »

Sept 24/25th work well for me.  I would be down for a weekend of wheeling for sure!!

Cheers,
Jim
drm
CHC Navigator

Post by drm »

What if we go on sat. and sun. oct 1st and 2nd. I can't do it in sept. as i have knee surgery on the 14th. Im looking for someone to take over this trip as I have never been to ardbag and don't know where to start. Im assuming someone other knows where they are going... Roy? I will be bringing my bbq for burgers and sausages that I will supply along with h20, soda pop, not wobbly pops.BYOB. Dave.
Last edited by drm on Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pulcino
Club Member

Post by Pulcino »

Hello,

Sorry to hear about your knee Dave, hope it will be good after the fix.

We can do any weekend in September and most in Oct except the 1st/2nd as I was planning to take the office to the Toronto Octoberfest :-)

I'm new to Canada and wonder if it gets cold for a comfortable camping in October?

Who prefers mid/late September to e.g. 7/8 October? We need to set a date so we can lock it in.

Cheers,

Johan
1998 Hummer H1, Candy Apple Red, P400 engine, Rigid 50" LED, Tooth roof rack and tire carrier and the rest is stock :-)
Toxicrider
CHC Pilot

Post by Toxicrider »

[quote="drm"]
What if we go on sat. and sun. oct 1st and 2nd. I can't do it in sept. as i have knee surgery on the 14th. Im looking for someone to take over this trip as I have never been to ardbag and don't know where to start. Im assuming someone other knows where they are going... Roy? I will be bringing my bbq for burgers and sausages that I will supply along with h20, soda pop, not wobbly pops.BYOB. Dave.
[/quote]

That weekend works well for me also. Hope we get something put together!!!!
Toxicrider
CHC Pilot

Post by Toxicrider »

[quote="Pulcino"]
Hello,

Sorry to hear about your knee Dave, hope it will be good after the fix.

We can do any weekend in September and most in Oct except the 1st/2nd as I was planning to take the office to the Toronto Octoberfest :-)

I'm new to Canada and wonder if it gets cold for a comfortable camping in October?

Who prefers mid/late September to e.g. 7/8 October? We need to set a date so we can lock it in.

Cheers,

Johan
[/quote]

That is Thanksgiving weekend and I know my wife has plans for us to go visit family.
Pulcino
Club Member

Post by Pulcino »

September 24-25 anyone?
Toxicrider
CHC Pilot

Post by Toxicrider »

That might just work for me. Will need a couple of H1's along if we have them showing up.  Just don't see my wee little H3 and winch making that pull LOL!!!