CHC Website

A more general area for members only, like your local "spot" lets chat about truck stuff or anything that is bugging you or share something..
Autumn Walker
CHC Pilot

Re: CHC Website

Post by Autumn Walker »

We can continue using IPB, the license is actually pretty cheap - assuming we have a valid license it's just $25 every six months to keep valid. We also have the gallery app here so add another $10 - total of $35 every six months.

I think we could nuke the landing page (or switch it to be more simple / no auto play videos) and then consolidate a LARGE number of the forums to better suit the membership / activity levels so posts are not so scattered.

Still waiting on a reply to my email - we could gear this up today.
2007 HUMMER H2

You have not been offroad until you've had a HUMMER in the woods.

Blacksheep HUMMER Squadron : GREAT WHITE NORTH

Taking the Blacksheep international.
Roy
CHC Trail SuperGuide

Post by Roy »

Well, lets just put this out there. I am interested in the ownership of this site,
and if possible the AMG parts licence as well.

Derek, get in touch with me to discuss this. Or even Domino.... any other whom have a say in this.

519-801-0113 just in case you have deleted this from your phone :coffeenose:  :wtf:
                                      99 Wagon
                          5.9 Cummins 12 valve  mech.                                     Stocking most parts to fix your H1  :smil9:
                                   41.5-13.5 R16.5 Pitbull Rockers,
                                     Auburn lockers front and rear
                                  Full custom underbody protection
                                                3" body lift
                                          4" side rock tubes                                 
                               12100 rear cv shafts                                                                        

519-272-1761   :cellphone:
<p style="text-align:center;"> 
Khamul
CHC Pilot

Post by Khamul »

It sounds like we can agree that we would like to kerp it the same...

Just need sponsors.... I'm in!!
Live life like there is no tomorrow!! You never know what's around the next corner.....
Roy
CHC Trail SuperGuide

Post by Roy »

[quote="Khamul"]
It sounds like we can agree that we would like to kerp it the same...

Just need sponsors.... I'm in!!
[/quote]
Sponsors are nice, but not really necessary if I can acquire at a reasonable price.(Sponsor advertizing will lessen my overall output and help advertize their business. Would need moderators to do a bit of cleaning up and other stuff. I am into heavy off road events and do sell Hummer equipment.This would all fit into my overall goal and hopefully increase my businesses.
                                      99 Wagon
                          5.9 Cummins 12 valve  mech.                                     Stocking most parts to fix your H1  :smil9:
                                   41.5-13.5 R16.5 Pitbull Rockers,
                                     Auburn lockers front and rear
                                  Full custom underbody protection
                                                3" body lift
                                          4" side rock tubes                                 
                               12100 rear cv shafts                                                                        

519-272-1761   :cellphone:
<p style="text-align:center;"> 
Domino
Club Member

Post by Domino »

Gentlemen,

Based on the interest to keep things going, I will delay any turn down of the site until all avenues have been exhausted.

There is a fair bit of work to move the forum to a new host, so that in itself is problematic unless someone has the resources to facilitate the move.  (Resources, AKA Money or knowledge of transferring and of cource time).  If we move away from IPB, you'll likely lose the history and that will not help kick start things. 

Time is the biggest concern.  We need an active administrator for user management.  If someone is paying the bills (Sponsor or otherwise) I am willing to continue hosting and licensing the forum, with the occasional updates.

This is problably the most I have ever posted here.  I do not own a Hummer, but I can appreciate the community.  I have a similar community of Ontario Snowmobiliers and they are starting to ramp up for Winter.  (Summer is slow, whereas here, Summer should be busy).

Domino
Gadgets
CHC Trail SuperGuide

Post by Gadgets »

The year was changed to 2014 today, it appears to have been a typo.
<p class="bbc_center">
"Yeah, that's drive-able..... you go first"
Khamul
CHC Pilot

Post by Khamul »

Sponsors are nice, but not really necessary if I can acquire at a reasonable price.(Sponsor advertizing will lessen my overall output and help advertize their business. Would need moderators to do a bit of cleaning up and other stuff. I am into heavy off road events and do sell Hummer equipment.This would all fit into my overall goal and hopefully increase my businesses.
Sorry, I missread....

That just makes sense... That would be between you and Domino I guess.

I'll chip in as well if needed...

I do plan to get an H-1 one day, and its the only crowd i like to wheel with...
Last edited by Khamul on Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Live life like there is no tomorrow!! You never know what's around the next corner.....
Autumn Walker
CHC Pilot

Post by Autumn Walker »

I have moved IPB forums before; there isn't much to it if you know what you're doing.
2007 HUMMER H2

Domino
Club Member

Post by Domino »

[quote="autumnwalker"]
I have moved IPB forums before; there isn't much to it if you know what you're doing.
[/quote]

Moving IPB to IPB is not that difficult.  I belive there was reference to moving a free forumware.  That would be the challenge.
Autumn Walker
CHC Pilot

Post by Autumn Walker »

[quote="Domino"]
Moving IPB to IPB is not that difficult.  I belive there was reference to moving a free forumware.  That would be the challenge.
[/quote]

Oh, absolutely right. IPB to new server is relatively simple.

IPB to anything else is near impossible; you're better off starting fresh as you had mentioned previously.
2007 HUMMER H2