CHC Website

A more general area for members only, like your local "spot" lets chat about truck stuff or anything that is bugging you or share something..
ROADBLOK
CHC Pilot

Re: CHC Website

Post by ROADBLOK »

lol - for the 3rd time (I think) in this thread... I have experience with IPB, I run a hosting / domain company, and I can easily take ownership of the forum and provide the hosting required.

It'd be nice to have the community pitch in on the costs of the licensing, etc. once we get things on the straight and narrow.

I heard you. :p

Have to see what happens. Roy has contacted Derek about the purchase rights to the club, so it all depends on that, no?
Autumn Walker
CHC Pilot

Post by Autumn Walker »

Purchase rights? What is there to purchase? Not trying to be a jerk, but seriously, I'm curious.
2007 HUMMER H2

You have not been offroad until you've had a HUMMER in the woods.

Blacksheep HUMMER Squadron : GREAT WHITE NORTH

Taking the Blacksheep international.
ROADBLOK
CHC Pilot

Post by ROADBLOK »

Purchase rights? What is there to purchase? Not trying to be a jerk, but seriously, I'm curious.

The name, domain, the parts side, & everything else that is tied in from the club. Maybe I'm miss understanding what is going on. ¯\_(⊙︿⊙)_/¯
Roy
CHC Trail SuperGuide

Post by Roy »

James, there is more than one interested in this site.
As of now, no reply from Derek. I guess he may not care anymore, who knows .
Lets give a little patience to all, and see what comes of this by late next week.
                                      99 Wagon
                          5.9 Cummins 12 valve  mech.                                     Stocking most parts to fix your H1  :smil9:
                                   41.5-13.5 R16.5 Pitbull Rockers,
                                     Auburn lockers front and rear
                                  Full custom underbody protection
                                                3" body lift
                                          4" side rock tubes                                 
                               12100 rear cv shafts                                                                        

519-272-1761   :cellphone:
<p style="text-align:center;"> 
ROADBLOK
CHC Pilot

Post by ROADBLOK »

James, there is more than one interested in this site.

As of now, no reply from Derek. I guess he may not care anymore, who knows .

Lets give a little patience to all, and see what comes of this by late next week.

I figured you wouldn't be the only one interested in the site.
Roy
CHC Trail SuperGuide

Post by Roy »

With almost a week gone by, no reply either way from Derek.

Any reply at your end autumn walker ?
                                      99 Wagon
                          5.9 Cummins 12 valve  mech.                                     Stocking most parts to fix your H1  :smil9:
                                   41.5-13.5 R16.5 Pitbull Rockers,
                                     Auburn lockers front and rear
                                  Full custom underbody protection
                                                3" body lift
                                          4" side rock tubes                                 
                               12100 rear cv shafts                                                                        

519-272-1761   :cellphone:
<p style="text-align:center;"> 
BioHazard
CHC Pilot

Post by BioHazard »

You almost sound surprised by this.
GreenMeanie
CHC Pilot

Post by GreenMeanie »

It looks like 16 signed up so far on the FB group page. So for now im going to keep it going until we know whats going on here. It would be great to have Roy or an active member run the CHC. Seems a lot of work and money though for the minimal traffic. Im sure that would change with some management. At the very least it would be nice to maintain the history.created here.
For those on FB here is the group page
<a href="https://www.facebook.com/groups/4106010 ... embers/</a>
Early 1997 HMC4, 1 of 35, Original Block H296, 110,000 miles and no cracks yet, G10 green
Custom made Brush Gaurd, Roof Rack, Overhead Console and Sound System.
Autumn Walker
CHC Pilot

Post by Autumn Walker »

[quote="Roy"]

Any reply at your end autumn walker ?
[/quote]

No reply on my end.

From a "purchasing rights" perspective - I'm happy to team up with others as well. I'm more interested in keeping the forum and "brand" going.
2007 HUMMER H2

You have not been offroad until you've had a HUMMER in the woods.

Blacksheep HUMMER Squadron : GREAT WHITE NORTH

Taking the Blacksheep international.
yevych
CHC Pilot

Post by yevych »

<div>I am interested in keeping this site up and running by either continuing paying for my alpha membership or link to my site/youTube channel/whatever… It seems there are few people that are ready to take the ownership - and it is surprising that deal is not made yet given the timeline for shutdown (Nov. 10th). </div>
<div> </div>
<div>facebook is good only as a marketing tool to attract more members and have better exposure for this club/site; same goes for twitter, youtube… etc social media sites…  </div>
<div>New sponsors/Google AdSense/Amazon associate/etc..... and other ideas can help to bring this site and Club to life again. </div>
<div> </div>
<div>I don't think there is a problem to find a 1k to run this site, it is more about leadership/ownership. Lets find a new one quick so we can start a new page. </div>
2010 H3 Adventure 3.7L - Hummer evolution :), 35" Mickey Thomson MTZ on 16" MT SideBiters, oem underbody & rocker protection, Safari snorkle, K&N filters, Air Doc intake, Rola roof rack, Off-road lights, Runva winch on High-Mount and Warn on tray, Outfitter heavy duty tie rods.