CHC Website

A more general area for members only, like your local "spot" lets chat about truck stuff or anything that is bugging you or share something..
Sugarphreak
CHC Pilot

Re: CHC Website

Post by Sugarphreak »

Very sorry to hear about your Dad
whitehumh2
CHC Trail SuperGuide

Post by whitehumh2 »

Thanks Guys! Much Appreciated
<p class="bbc_center">1 - There is a time for everything,

and a season for every activity under the heavens:

3b - a time to tear down and a time to build,

5 - a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,

Ecclesiastes 3:1,3b&5a
Autumn Walker
CHC Pilot

Post by Autumn Walker »

ProBoards can be done for free with advertisements, but you lose a LOT of the features we have on this board. IPB is like the Cadillac of message boards... HUMMER vs... Jeep. ;)
2007 HUMMER H2

You have not been offroad until you've had a HUMMER in the woods.

Blacksheep HUMMER Squadron : GREAT WHITE NORTH

Taking the Blacksheep international.
ROADBLOK
CHC Pilot

Post by ROADBLOK »

I had been away. My dad was sick and just passed away and many things have changed legally in Québec regarding trails but I was going to start posting stuff like crazy this weekend!

How much to do the Pro Boards???

I am sure we can kick start this site again!

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. I know it's tough to lose a parent.

ProBoards can be done for free with advertisements, but you lose a LOT of the features we have on this board. IPB is like the Cadillac of message boards.
Honestly, do half the features on here even get used? lol. If you say IPB is the better one, I'll take your word on it. I've never had any experience with that one.
HUMMER vs... Jeep. ;)

Psssst... Same thing! Granny Smith apples to Macintosh apples, not apples to oranges. ಠ_ಠ
Last edited by ROADBLOK on Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
GreenMeanie
CHC Pilot

Post by GreenMeanie »

I only ever use the forum. I dont dare hit the main page because my studio sound system is always set to reference levels and i never remember to turn it down. As a result when i open the main page i get blasted with the overly compressed music file on there. Two sets of tweeters thus far and suffice to say i have learned my lesson LOL
I dont use any other site features and it appears most don't. Thats why i suggested the Facebook group page. Its free and can accomodate unlimited numbers of members added to the group. If there was a high volume of traffic it would be understandable to have a dedicated site and i dont see the need to have numerous catagories for the sake of clicking on them especialy when they are used minimaly. Its a bit frustrating actually. Again on FB the threads are in cronological order and comments can follow each thread and its all on one page with no need to navagate around to get to stuff.
I also dont see the need for a incrypted page and passwords. If we made our FB group private only members can view it. Events can be posted both to the private group and to the public if we choose. There are already several Hummer groups on FB we could be linking with in order to expand the interest base.. I guess a lot of this depends if people want a closed group where we can stay isolated from social media which i believe is a mistake in policy. We should be more public about our events as to include the public who knows nothing about our existence.
I run two paid web sites but still i get about 10 times the traffic from linked FB pages than i do direct hits on my websites.
Still not heard back if the close date for CHC is as posted or was that a typo and its nov 2014? ???
Early 1997 HMC4, 1 of 35, Original Block H296, 110,000 miles and no cracks yet, G10 green
Custom made Brush Gaurd, Roof Rack, Overhead Console and Sound System.
ROADBLOK
CHC Pilot

Post by ROADBLOK »

What of the users who either don't have a Facebook account or despise the service and don't use it?
GreenMeanie
CHC Pilot

Post by GreenMeanie »

So as an example and its just an example i created two Facebook pages. I just gave it a name so im not insinuating anything LOL I posted a couple things as an example.

The main public page everyone in the world can see and comment on post pics etc. Could be fun. LOL
<a href="https://www.facebook.com/ontariohummerc ... imeline</a>

The private page. Only group members can see and make posts but i think everyone can see the existance of the group on FB and can request to join and members can add you etc.
<a href="https://www.facebook.com/groups/4106010 ... 423286/</a>

So basic idea and no big deal if its not what we are looking for and i can delete it.. Only took a few minutes to build other than uploading a vid.
Early 1997 HMC4, 1 of 35, Original Block H296, 110,000 miles and no cracks yet, G10 green
Custom made Brush Gaurd, Roof Rack, Overhead Console and Sound System.
johnnyspikesH3
CHC Trail Guide

Post by johnnyspikesH3 »

[quote="Polar Bear"]
I had been away. My dad was sick and just passed away and many things have changed legally in Québec regarding trails but I was going to start posting stuff like crazy this weekend!

How much to do the Pro Boards???

I am sure we can kick start this site again!
[/quote]

My deepest condolences Kev  . 
<p>2014 JKU SAHARA , 3.6L AUTO ,4 INCH PRO COMP STAGE ONE WITH MX6 SHOCKS AND PC DUAL STABILIZERS, PRO COMP ADJUSTABLE TRACK BAR,RUBICON EXPRESS DROP CONTROL ARM BRACKETS 35.12.50-17 FIERCE ATTITUDE, 17x9 PRO COMP 7031 WHEELS,KC 6 INCH AND 5 INCH LIGHTS AND BRACKETS, WARRIOR REAR TIRE SPACER , SMITTYBILT SEAT COVERS. ROUGH COUNTRY STUBBY BUMPER , SMITTYBILT 10,000LB X20 WINCH, COAST FRONT DRIVE-SHAFT, DYNOMAX CAT BACK EXHAUST
Sugarphreak
CHC Pilot

Post by Sugarphreak »

[quote="ROADBLOK"]
What of the users who either don't have a Facebook account or despise the service and don't use it?
[/quote]

This is an issue for me; Facebook has way too many privacy problems despite setting controls; in my past experience with it I find it connects people a little too well, particularly between work, family, circles of friends, and even to people I intentionally avoid to the point where it can create problems. I abstain from using the service for this reasons.
whitehumh2
CHC Trail SuperGuide

Post by whitehumh2 »

I am not on Facebook either. Especially since all stuff becomes their property. So that means if I post a How-to...it's theirs? Not for me!
<p class="bbc_center">1 - There is a time for everything,

and a season for every activity under the heavens:

3b - a time to tear down and a time to build,

5 - a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,

Ecclesiastes 3:1,3b&5a