The most overrated 4x4s

A more general area for members only, like your local "spot" lets chat about truck stuff or anything that is bugging you or share something..
citiboy
CHC Trail Guide

The most overrated 4x4s

Post by citiboy »

<p class="bbc_center">2008 Hummer H2 Luxury Edition
<div> </div>
<div>Toyo MT 38x13.50x18 on Rockstar. Green keys. 2" rear spacers. 1" bodylift. Cognito UCA, steering bracket, front stab links. Bilstein 5100 shocks. Moog inner/outer tie-rods, pitman, idler arm & bracket with remote zerk. E&G Classics fender flares. ARP 434-1301 ex. man. stud kit. Airaid perf. air filter. Crown Performance brake lines. Warn PowerPlant HD. Rubberduck UCP. Gobi Ranger Roof Rack. Morimoto FX-R 3.0 projector headlights with 55w AC HID kit. Hella Rallye 4000 aux lights. Evans waterless coolant.</div>

<p class="bbc_center"><a class="bbc_url" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHPamkrWbiY">Off-Road Videos</a>
Big_Dub
CHC Pilot

Re: The most overrated 4x4s

Post by Big_Dub »

Seem the contributors to that article are JEEP fanboys.  I'm not saying that the H1 H2 or H3 are kings but to call them the most over rated is a bit harsh.  When writing about the H2 there is little technical info provided let alone compared to other trucks that would show in real numbers or tests why it is over rated.  The article digresses quickly to the author spewing his obviously bias opinion of the trucks image rather than any fact based data. These authors are ill informed stooges that should be kept away from their keyboards.  I regret  clicking that link, giving them a page view and wasting whatever bandwidth it took to download that trash....
Monk
CHC Trail SuperGuide

Post by Monk »

Yup, just there opinions , I've owned lifts jeeps,pickups, suburbans, and all have points I've liked, but all subjective for your preference,

Over rated can mean lots, is a Ferrari over rated,? If you enjoy your rig Is alI that's all that matters. Plus the hummer family looks sexy,.
96 HMC4

Optimizer N/A

Super Swamper IROKS 39.5x13.5x 16.5
ddgermann
CHC Pilot

Post by ddgermann »

Yup agreed... total crap.
"H2 too wide for most trails" lol  I have a 1000 RZR Highlifter for that shit. I have also owned Jeeps and various pickups and have had fun in all of them. (Although my new 06 Jeep Columbia Edition Wrangler handled like a curling rock on wet or snowy roads after I lifted it and put the big rubber on it. I sold it with 16,000 km on it as it plain scared me) I did love it in the bush though. Fun to drive and very worthy to be there.
So the theme is common for these articles... likely written by guys who have never been off road in something they owned or scared to take it off-road because they were making payments. Really I wonder how many ford Raptors this clown has raced through the desert catching air time on the whoops. I suspect NONE!

So it again a group of wanabees shooting off their mouths who cant afford to buy a Hummer, let alone drive and maintain one.
How many pickups and jeeps turn your head?? You would break your neck counting then as they surround us like flies on the road. I know one thing for sure...when I am driving in my H1 or even the H2...all eyes are on me.

This is an awesome, upraised or recognized safety feature of the Hummer. hehe

My 2.5 cents
1999 H1 HMC4 (black on black)

Hummer: from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia. n.[font=inherit;font-size:.9em;font-style:inherit;font-weight:inherit] "One who, or that which excels in any quality, especially in general energy or speed."[/font]
GreenMeanie
CHC Pilot

Post by GreenMeanie »

Seems like a reasonable article with typical opinions expressed.
You have to be a certain mindset to drive these things and those that do love them despite the fact that they are over rated. It may be hard to admit after spending all that cash on repairs etc but it is true for the most part. There really isn't any sensible reason to drive a Hummer. Plenty of non-sensible reasons though and those are the reasons that matter. LOL
Last edited by GreenMeanie on Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Early 1997 HMC4, 1 of 35, Original Block H296, 110,000 miles and no cracks yet, G10 green
Custom made Brush Gaurd, Roof Rack, Overhead Console and Sound System.
yevych
CHC Pilot

Post by yevych »

Did one of those editors says 'H3 was a darn good little vehicle' ? I can't believe jeep fanboy say something good about any Hummer... Not like I care since I know what each truck can do... 

Sighting that jeep has a big selection of aftermarket parts.... hmmm... I guess there is a reason for it - you have to replace and upgrade a lot of original parts before taking any jeep Offroad!
2010 H3 Adventure 3.7L - Hummer evolution :), 35" Mickey Thomson MTZ on 16" MT SideBiters, oem underbody & rocker protection, Safari snorkle, K&N filters, Air Doc intake, Rola roof rack, Off-road lights, Runva winch on High-Mount and Warn on tray, Outfitter heavy duty tie rods.
johnnyspikesH3
CHC Trail Guide

Post by johnnyspikesH3 »

I agree Humman have owning both. JKU buy then drop $10 to $15,000 in it ,You have a great cool rig. H3 way better out of factory stock hands down. Of course the H2 much more superior. Jeep Pro's+ Part's are ridicules, easy to work on, the hole door and topless way of life propaganda. Used TJ XJ JK WJ are easier on the wallet for the younger crowed also. Mind you JK JKU are still pretty pricey and hold their resale pretty well. GM dropped the ball and also had bad luck. That is the truth matter .
<p>2014 JKU SAHARA , 3.6L AUTO ,4 INCH PRO COMP STAGE ONE WITH MX6 SHOCKS AND PC DUAL STABILIZERS, PRO COMP ADJUSTABLE TRACK BAR,RUBICON EXPRESS DROP CONTROL ARM BRACKETS 35.12.50-17 FIERCE ATTITUDE, 17x9 PRO COMP 7031 WHEELS,KC 6 INCH AND 5 INCH LIGHTS AND BRACKETS, WARRIOR REAR TIRE SPACER , SMITTYBILT SEAT COVERS. ROUGH COUNTRY STUBBY BUMPER , SMITTYBILT 10,000LB X20 WINCH, COAST FRONT DRIVE-SHAFT, DYNOMAX CAT BACK EXHAUST
yevych
CHC Pilot

Post by yevych »

BTW, I have nothing against Jeeps or any other truck. I admire every well built/moded truck - just don't like haters...  if I had money I would build few different ones - love them all. 
2010 H3 Adventure 3.7L - Hummer evolution :), 35" Mickey Thomson MTZ on 16" MT SideBiters, oem underbody & rocker protection, Safari snorkle, K&N filters, Air Doc intake, Rola roof rack, Off-road lights, Runva winch on High-Mount and Warn on tray, Outfitter heavy duty tie rods.
shotgun-cam
CHC Trail SuperGuide

Post by shotgun-cam »

Best comment on that the Niagara Jeepers use an H2 for recovery. When it was stolen ,recovered and written off the owner got another one.
Enjoy Life and Leave the World a Little Better Each Day!!
drm
CHC Navigator

Post by drm »

I have done a lot of driving on every terrain over the years and I can't tell you how many older jeeps I've seen rolled over on a snow covered road and it took them what? 40 plus years to widen the wheel base. Thats okay we can just replace the people killed in jeep accidents.