A REAL HUMMER……THE H1

A more general area for members only, like your local "spot" lets chat about truck stuff or anything that is bugging you or share something..
drm
CHC Navigator

A REAL HUMMER……THE H1

Post by drm »

I hate to burst peoples bubbles but I don't understand why people think that the H2 and H3 are real HUMMERS and perform better than the trucks that  they are based on. Namely the CHEVROLET and GMC Colorado and Yukon chassis. Maybe  I'm missing something? But I would bet that any Yukon or Colorado would perform the same as a H2 or H3 with the same options and tire sizes. Hummer H1 had an ad years ago and I love it…. ANYTHING ELSE IS JUST A CAR. A unique vehicle made for the military and I love the military. The H2 and H3 look great if you like driving a box on the road and I love that look as I have 2 H1's that look like boxes too, just bigger. Happy four wheeling guys and gals.
ddgermann
CHC Pilot

Re: A REAL HUMMER……THE H1

Post by ddgermann »

Frankly I do not understand your position. Our site is for all the "Hummer" owners and their trucks. H1, H2, or H3. I believe you are missing something in that guys love their H2s and H3s as much as you love your H1.
I have one of each and love them all. How many H2s or H3s have you owned? Me I enjoy driving my H2, and when my wife lets me, the H3 Alpha as well. Does a colorado have lockers front and rear from the factory??? I suspect not other wise you would see them in the mud with the H3s. Plus that Alpha rocks with power and handles fantastic. 
I hate to burst your bubble but my 09 H2 drives fantastic on the road and is certainly no box. How does yours feel.... right....you have no idea because you dont have one.
I personally like the bad look of my H1 and really enjoy how surprisingly well it handles, even with the big rubber. Agreed the H1 is in a class of its own, but not everyone can afford to buy or maintain an H1, or they simply do not want one. I am just as happy chatting with a proud owner of an H2 or H3 as a guy with the H1. I would never slag a guy for having anything that says "HUMMER" on it despite the factory it came out of. Face it Hummer carries a prestige and infers the owner is an adventurous guy... or gal.  
Pardon me I do not mean to offend you but your post rubbed me the wrong way. I wave at the H2 and H3 guys the same as the H1 guys as most often I can see in their eyes they want to be driving the H1 I am waving from. If I stop within sight of them they are over and asking questions. I find that awesome! I don't see jeep owners chatting in parking lots about their Cherokees and Wranglers. 
1999 H1 HMC4 (black on black)

Hummer: from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia. n.[font=inherit;font-size:.9em;font-style:inherit;font-weight:inherit] "One who, or that which excels in any quality, especially in general energy or speed."[/font]
Monk
CHC Trail SuperGuide

Post by Monk »

We have and h1 and an h2, I enjoy both,

There different animals, with both good and bad features.
96 HMC4

Optimizer N/A

Super Swamper IROKS 39.5x13.5x 16.5
whitehumh2
CHC Trail SuperGuide

Post by whitehumh2 »

My Heavily Modified H2 can take on just about any H1 Offroad. Ask the 10 H1 guys I was trail boss for last year at the Hummer Rally!

No I couldn't do everything they did but then again I had times when I was at the top waiting for them NOT Broken and one of the mighty H1s had blown a halfshaft.

I have also seen a bunch of H3s do amazing things!

We are ALL Hummers!
Last edited by whitehumh2 on Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
<p class="bbc_center">1 - There is a time for everything,

and a season for every activity under the heavens:

3b - a time to tear down and a time to build,

5 - a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,

Ecclesiastes 3:1,3b&5a
Roy
CHC Trail SuperGuide

Post by Roy »

H1's are crude and rough, H2's have very nice luxury's,H3, the same. I have seen what all can do and what the drivers can handle. Any modified rig is going to be hopefully better than the stock. Pocket book funds make a world of difference as well as mechanical ability.
I personally can tell you how much a heavily modified H1 costs every time I go medium to heavy off roading. Plus not many around here will follow me thru the extreme areas which makes for a less exciting tour if I take the easier way out of an area.

Each person has their own taste in a vehicle as well as their limits to spending on a vehicle that will get broken when pushing the limits.
We may joke about the mini me's , but all is in fun.    Right Mr. 1.5   :unsure:   :coffeespit:
Hummers are a special group of vehicles that need to stick together.

We cannot be to far to the left or right in the brand!
Last edited by Roy on Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
                                      99 Wagon
                          5.9 Cummins 12 valve  mech.                                     Stocking most parts to fix your H1  :smil9:
                                   41.5-13.5 R16.5 Pitbull Rockers,
                                     Auburn lockers front and rear
                                  Full custom underbody protection
                                                3" body lift
                                          4" side rock tubes                                 
                               12100 rear cv shafts                                                                        

519-272-1761   :cellphone:
<p style="text-align:center;"> 
drm
CHC Navigator

Post by drm »

I didn't mean to offend any body, and i meant the trucks are boxy not that i didn't like them. I would not have an H1 if I could not fix it myself due to costs of repairs and I would love to own a H3 pick up because they are so cute. I agree with all your comments as we well know, BEAUTY IS IN THE EYE OF THE BEHOLDER, and these are beauties. I like all three boxy looking Hummers and I also wave at all Hummer drivers. I have also driver h2s and h3s. Happy 4 wheeling.
Roy
CHC Trail SuperGuide

Post by Roy »

[quote="drm"]
I didn't mean to offend any body, and i meant the trucks are boxy not that i didn't like them. I would not have an H1 if I could not fix it myself due to costs of repairs and I would love to own a H3 pick up because they are so cute. I agree with all your comments as we well know, BEAUTY IS IN THE EYE OF THE BEHOLDER, and these are beauties. I like all three boxy looking Hummers and I also wave at all Hummer drivers. I have also driver h2s and h3s. Happy 4 wheeling.
[/quote]
No problem, sometimes written text can take two different interpretations. 
                                      99 Wagon
                          5.9 Cummins 12 valve  mech.                                     Stocking most parts to fix your H1  :smil9:
                                   41.5-13.5 R16.5 Pitbull Rockers,
                                     Auburn lockers front and rear
                                  Full custom underbody protection
                                                3" body lift
                                          4" side rock tubes                                 
                               12100 rear cv shafts                                                                        

519-272-1761   :cellphone:
<p style="text-align:center;"> 
whitehumh2
CHC Trail SuperGuide

Post by whitehumh2 »

[quote="Polar Bear"]
My Heavily Modified H2 can take on just about any H1 Offroad. Ask the 10 H1 guys I was trail boss for last year at the Hummer Rally!

[/quote]

[quote="Roy"]

Each person has their own taste in a vehicle as well as their limits to spending on a vehicle that will get broken when pushing the limits.
We may joke about the mini me's , but all is in fun.    Right Mr. 1.5   :unsure:   :coffeespit:
[/quote]

I guess I should also say that Roy's Monster H1 can kick my front and rear locked H2 even when he only has two wheels left that are moving him forward!!!

I still think I am a H1.5!!!
Last edited by whitehumh2 on Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<p class="bbc_center">1 - There is a time for everything,

and a season for every activity under the heavens:

3b - a time to tear down and a time to build,

5 - a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,

Ecclesiastes 3:1,3b&5a
GreenMeanie
CHC Pilot

Post by GreenMeanie »

Having off roaded with H2 and H3s i find they are just as capable if not more capable than an H1. Wish i could have one of each!
Early 1997 HMC4, 1 of 35, Original Block H296, 110,000 miles and no cracks yet, G10 green
Custom made Brush Gaurd, Roof Rack, Overhead Console and Sound System.
drm
CHC Navigator

Post by drm »

Anyone know where I can find a H3T cheap.  poor condition, wanting a cummins 4bt, unimog axles, etc, etc, etc.