A REAL HUMMER……THE H1

A more general area for members only, like your local "spot" lets chat about truck stuff or anything that is bugging you or share something..
yevych
CHC Pilot

Re: A REAL HUMMER……THE H1

Post by yevych »

[quote="drm"]
I hate to burst peoples bubbles but I don't understand why people think that the H2 and H3 are real HUMMERS and perform better than the trucks that  they are based on. Namely the CHEVROLET and GMC Colorado and Yukon chassis. Maybe  I'm missing something? But I would bet that any Yukon or Colorado would perform the same as a H2 or H3 with the same options and tire sizes. Hummer H1 had an ad years ago and I love it…. ANYTHING ELSE IS JUST A CAR. A unique vehicle made for the military and I love the military. The H2 and H3 look great if you like driving a box on the road and I love that look as I have 2 H1's that look like boxes too, just bigger. Happy four wheeling guys and gals.
[/quote]

'I'm missing something?'
Angle approach would be probably the only difference between H3 and Colorado/Canyon given that you put 35' tires, front/rear lockers and other mods on Colorado/Canyon. Personally, I never understood why people focus so much on the make of the vehicle; and I would love to have Colorado/Canyon H3 Make instead of Hummer so people stop arguing whether my H3 is hummer or not. When I was choosing my off road rig - money was not issue for me. H3 was the answer to everything I needed for and I never wanted anything else (not even heavily modified H1 :-). Each truck/car has its own advantage and disadvantage, and I love my CAR.
Hope to see you on trails :-) 

2010 H3 Adventure 3.7L - Hummer evolution :), 35" Mickey Thomson MTZ on 16" MT SideBiters, oem underbody & rocker protection, Safari snorkle, K&N filters, Air Doc intake, Rola roof rack, Off-road lights, Runva winch on High-Mount and Warn on tray, Outfitter heavy duty tie rods.
humybby
CHC Pilot

Post by humybby »

I've wheeled Moab with the AMG and GM engineers when they were finalizing the suspension design of the H2 and H3.  They are NOT Colorado's or Tahoe's.  Great care and a monster effort was made to ensure the 2 and 3 deserved the Hummer nameplate.  They did the hardstuff.  Over and over.

All Hummers are the real deal.

But it's not about what you run, it's about having a great time in the great outdoors.

An H3 in the woods trumps an H1 at the mall - every time.

Greg
-------------------------------------------------------------

AKA - Hollywood

2001 HMCS - knows how to get to Moab all by itself!
humybby
CHC Pilot

Post by humybby »

If anyone cares, when AMG and GM did the evaluation and testing of the H2 and 3 (and H1 for that matter) they used the vehicle at it's maximum payload by bolting steel plates in the truck.  It was pretty impressive to see the loaded truck making the climbs and ledges that Moab is famous for.

Greg
-------------------------------------------------------------

AKA - Hollywood

2001 HMCS - knows how to get to Moab all by itself!
drm
CHC Navigator

Post by drm »

its nice to know that there were improvements built into the H2 and H3 that are unique to the Hummer name. Thanks for all the info. Dave.