A REAL HUMMER……THE H1

A more general area for members only, like your local "spot" lets chat about truck stuff or anything that is bugging you or share something..
Archngel
CHC Trail SuperGuide

Re: A REAL HUMMER……THE H1

Post by Archngel »

To have been to Indiana, and being the only H3 in the line up of 12 H1 where no H2 wanted to be,

I've made all of their extreme trails but 1, where the trail leader told me to go around because there was over 30 inches of water and he was afraid for some electronics.

Got stuck twice in submerge high center trail where the 24 inches clearance of the H1 was required.

SO i can say that if a H2 can go, I can most certainly go, if H1 can go i could probably make it if i use my head, and as long as its not playing submarine. 

I now have an 08 H2 SUT that i have to learn its capabilities, but i am confident that i can probably go where ever i tell it to go. 
<p class="bbc_center">Wake up , it's off road time.

White 10 H3 Alpha, Black on White, Adventure, Toyo Open Country MT 315/75-16,

Front and Rear lockers, Under Body Armor, Rocker Protector, T-Max12000, Gobi Stealth Rack
<p class="bbc_center">White 08 H2 SUT Luxury on BF K02 AT 37x12.50R17 with Rancho 9000 serie
<p class="bbc_center">the rest is on the works
Sub
CHC Trail SuperGuide

Post by Sub »

h2 and h3 can do 85% of what h1s can do and other 15% you shouldnt be doing anyways unless you full of spare parts and tools...
-04 HUMMER H1 HMCO Optimizer 6.5 Black
-94 HUMMER XLC2 6.5L N/A 10K Miles ONLY
-95 HUMMER H1 AMBL/CONVERSION WAGON
-85 M998 6.2L X DOORS 32K Miles
-03 HUMMER H1 White wagon/28" Pirelli's
Toxicrider
CHC Pilot

Post by Toxicrider »

Once this is done to my H3 I will be able to do 99% of what an H1 does, and not have to worry as much about breakage.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Monk
CHC Trail SuperGuide

Post by Monk »

I loooove new parts,
96 HMC4

Optimizer N/A

Super Swamper IROKS 39.5x13.5x 16.5
whitehumh2
CHC Trail SuperGuide

Post by whitehumh2 »

[quote="Toxicrider"]
Once this is done to my H3 I will be able to do 99% of what an H1 does, and not have to worry as much about breakage.
[/quote]

I see a BIG project!!! And I am Drooling!!!
<p class="bbc_center">1 - There is a time for everything,

and a season for every activity under the heavens:

3b - a time to tear down and a time to build,

5 - a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,

Ecclesiastes 3:1,3b&5a
drm
CHC Navigator

Post by drm »

This is the kind of stuff I like to here about, people and their projects and mods. to make things work better and look better. Fourty years ago I started off roading with a international scout and have owned a lot of different 4x4s from small to the huge military M813A1 6x6. For some reason I had to modify every single one of them. I don't know if I have a sickness but I have a heck of a lot off fun doing mods and testing them out in mud holes. Happy four wheeling.
whitehumh2
CHC Trail SuperGuide

Post by whitehumh2 »

[quote="drm"]
This is the kind of stuff I like to here about, people and their projects and mods. to make things work better and look better. Fourty years ago I started off roading with a international scout and have owned a lot of different 4x4s from small to the huge military M813A1 6x6. For some reason I had to modify every single one of them. I don't know if I have a sickness but I have a heck of a lot off fun doing mods and testing them out in mud holes. Happy four wheeling.
[/quote]

I think you are perfectly Normal...I have modified everything I own also!!!
<p class="bbc_center">1 - There is a time for everything,

and a season for every activity under the heavens:

3b - a time to tear down and a time to build,

5 - a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,

Ecclesiastes 3:1,3b&5a
Toxicrider
CHC Pilot

Post by Toxicrider »

[quote="Polar Bear"]
I see a BIG project!!! And I am Drooling!!!
[/quote]
Yep, that combined with the spring over conversion on the rear axle it is going to be a busy few months.  Figuring about 150hrs plus of welding once I get all the parts in.
thejudge
CHC Navigator

Post by thejudge »

Can't wait to see it, lead the way! Maybe me next haha
humybby
CHC Pilot

Post by humybby »

FWIW, I've been in Moab with the AMG and GM guys when they were developing the H2 and H3. They are not Yukon's or Colorado's. There are many changes, some small, some large - each making them way better than a Yukon or Colorado with a lift kit and tires.

I've never owned an H2 or 3 - and likely never will, but I see them at Moab all the time - they're the real deal.

In any event, an H2 or 3 in the woods is way better than an H1 at the mall. It's all about getting out there and having a great time. It doesn't matter what you're driving.

Greg
-------------------------------------------------------------

AKA - Hollywood

2001 HMCS - knows how to get to Moab all by itself!