Modification time!

A more general area for members only, like your local "spot" lets chat about truck stuff or anything that is bugging you or share something..
Rocrusher
CHC Pilot

Modification time!

Post by Rocrusher »

So i thought i would post my mods that i am starting to tackle.

Fabricate 2 body lift

Build and install hood lift assist.DONE
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Rocrusher on Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Monk
CHC Trail SuperGuide

Re: Modification time!

Post by Monk »

Wow, now that's a list.

Only thing I can match is the

60g Bosch plugs

I've seen some Hood assist online I'm sure it makes a night and day difference
96 HMC4

Optimizer N/A

Super Swamper IROKS 39.5x13.5x 16.5
WIDELOAD
CHC Pilot

Post by WIDELOAD »

Very cool list!
James

-----------------

1995 Hummer H1 Wagon
Rocrusher
CHC Pilot

Post by Rocrusher »

Big difference. We just put one on Roadblok's and it is now opened with ine hand easily! Works very well.
Last edited by Rocrusher on Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Monk
CHC Trail SuperGuide

Post by Monk »

That's the one thing with our hoods,you have to brace yourself to open, that hood piece would help many.
96 HMC4

Optimizer N/A

Super Swamper IROKS 39.5x13.5x 16.5
Rocrusher
CHC Pilot

Post by Rocrusher »

Forgot to put on my list the rubber duck exhuast system!
Rocrusher
CHC Pilot

Post by Rocrusher »

A.d.d or o.c.d kicked in!

Went from removing steering boot for body lift and turned into removung interior and re doing the steering wiring and cleaning up under dash wiring! Lol
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ddgermann
CHC Pilot

Post by ddgermann »

[quote="Rocrusher"]
So i thought i would post my mods that i am starting to tackle.

Fabricate 2 body lift

Build and install hood lift assist.DONE

Carter fuel pump & wiring harness.

Feed the beast kit

Bosch 60G glow plugs

Custom air lift hooks.

Front and rear LED lights.

Raised air intake. DONE

Tunner, injectors & waste gate

Rubberduck exhuast system

Finally wheels and 40" tires.

Hoping to complete this by fall.

Intake is complete and hood lift is made just need to paint and reinstall. Hood is now raised the 2 inches and i lenghtened the prop rod to match and hold the hood open the same as stock.

All the body mounts are Cad drawn and lazer cut. Just need to weld them up.

Your truck looks great! The hood assist is on my list as well...one of those things I never seem to get around to doing and curse everytime I deadlift that monstrous piece of composite up.

That's an impressive list of mods. You will find a big improvement on jump with the wastegate. I run about 12 psi of boost and it keeps the EGTs in check. Just have to watch on a hotter day pulling my trailer in the mountains. But normal prairie driving or anything without the trailer is no problem. Off road is no issue either. I've got a "new in the box" complete Predator air/air intercooler system for your truck if your are interested. I bought it off a guy in Edmonton and ended up buying a rubber duck system instead. The intercooler helps with upgraded ECM and other mods you are doing. You've already done the hard part...lifting the hood 2". The I/C lets you run a little more boost and maintains more consistent EGTs. I did all the mods together so I don't know how much difference the intercooler makes but I'm sure that would be easy to find out with a 5 minute google search. Anyway I've had it in the shed for 3 years... I'll give you a heck of a deal on it if you want it.
I assume you are tapping in a boost fitting ahead of your turbo and putting a EGT gauge in as well. I run a Scan gauge 2 that will calculate boost but without the wastegate actuator I'm not sure that will work any longer; especially with the upgraded ECM. I'm running a 3 gauge pod on my dash: Boost, Pyro for EGTs and trans temp.
You will see along with the new HP lift pump I also changed all the fuel lines. Something you may w ant to consider. I also put in an entire new cooling stack under the intercooler as the Evans coolant was pricey and didn't want to take any chances. This lead to a new fan and clutch along with new shroud....
Also don't forget your performance PMD as you will be making more heat and the one on your injector pump will be terminated. I think I put a 7 chip in mine, 5 being stock and 9 max. Travis at Rubber duck explained this to me and said a 9 on my set-up would be just a black cloud and waste of fuel.
See where I'm going here. lol 

The results were really worth the effort and cost though. The truck is remarkably more responsive and much more fun to drive as it's not laboring to haul itself around anymore. What I did end up with for setting is conservative and I left lots of power on the table... however it is plug and play and I don't have to worry and watch gauges constantly. I tried it at 16+ PSI boost and wow it's nice but engine was not going to last long. EGTs shoot up at half throttle and it's just not fun hovering over a gauge. That didn't last long.

So all the mods you are already doing are going to wake your 6.5 right up and you will be pleased. The exhaust is one of the more fundamental ones so good you're doing it. Mine was already done when I bought the truck. Sorry for the long story but It was a long solo road for me to get my truck done the way I wanted it... lots of opinions out there and some are not very correct. I found Travis at Rubber Duck very straightforward and not pushing things on me I didn't need but firm on what I did to gain reliability. 

So down at the bottom the is the finished product. The 40" tires are a must on the H1 IMHO and the truck has no issue rotating these things. It's as I mentioned a whole new and better feeling driving the H1 now. I added the Rubber Duck "Slant Back Rack and a 40" spare on top of it so my truck is now DONE.
I wish you the very best luck and success with your mods. I hope you find that feeling of WOW after as well.

Sorry somehow my post got bogged into the "quote".... 

IMG_4273.jpg

IMG_4274.jpg

IMG_7233.JPG

IMG_4271.jpg

IMG_4049.jpg

IMG_4183.jpg

Pred 6.5TD-Intercooler-Kit.jpg

IMG_4303.jpg

IMG_4188.jpg

IMG_3224.jpg
[/quote]
Last edited by ddgermann on Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
1999 H1 HMC4 (black on black)

Hummer: from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia. n.[font=inherit;font-size:.9em;font-style:inherit;font-weight:inherit] "One who, or that which excels in any quality, especially in general energy or speed."[/font]
Rocrusher
CHC Pilot

Post by Rocrusher »

Wow man thanks for the reply and info.

I will reply in buts as i go.

I run an edge cts module for gauges right now. My pmd is relocated already but i do not know what chip it has yet. I am going to do the lift and exhaust first as i do not believe in doing the wrong things first. Like jeeps you don't go withw v8 before doing axles!!! Lol

Let me know how much on the cooler kit. Not sure i like preditors rep!

Where did you get your rad to hood seal. Looks like its one peice and think!
Roy
CHC Trail SuperGuide

Post by Roy »

[quote="ddgermann"]

[/quote]

Now this is fun. You show a pred. intercooler in the pics...BUT, use a RubberDuck kit. Hmmm. 
Last edited by Roy on Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
                                      99 Wagon
                          5.9 Cummins 12 valve  mech.                                     Stocking most parts to fix your H1  :smil9:
                                   41.5-13.5 R16.5 Pitbull Rockers,
                                     Auburn lockers front and rear
                                  Full custom underbody protection
                                                3" body lift
                                          4" side rock tubes                                 
                               12100 rear cv shafts                                                                        

519-272-1761   :cellphone:
<p style="text-align:center;">