Modification time!

A more general area for members only, like your local "spot" lets chat about truck stuff or anything that is bugging you or share something..
ddgermann
CHC Pilot

Re: Modification time!

Post by ddgermann »

[quote="Roy"]
Now this is fun. You show a pred. intercooler in the pics...BUT, use a RubberDuck kit. Hmmm. 
[/quote]

Not sure I understand Roy..

I thought I was pretty clear in the post above. I bought them both and used the Rubber Duck system and am selling the Predator kit...

Have a closer look at what's installed on the truck man.. Hmmmm
1999 H1 HMC4 (black on black)

Hummer: from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia. n.[font=inherit;font-size:.9em;font-style:inherit;font-weight:inherit] "One who, or that which excels in any quality, especially in general energy or speed."[/font]
ddgermann
CHC Pilot

Post by ddgermann »

[quote="Rocrusher"]
Wow man thanks for the reply and info.

I will reply in buts as i go.

I run an edge cts module for gauges right now. My pmd is relocated already but i do not know what chip it has yet. I am going to do the lift and exhaust first as i do not believe in doing the wrong things first. Like jeeps you don't go withw v8 before doing axles!!! Lol

Let me know how much on the cooler kit. Not sure i like preditors rep!

Where did you get your rad to hood seal. Looks like its one peice and think!
[/quote]

Ah great that you are already planning this correctly. I was fortunate as my truck had the body lift already on when I bought it. That's a good one to get behind you as there are lots of upgrades that need it.

I've bought a few things from Predator for my H2 as well and they were ok. I know they have a bit of a bad reputation with some of the work they have done but the accessories I bought were as advertised, although pricey.

Travis told me without upgrading the injectors the 7 chip in the PMD is all I need. As I said I'm pretty happy with how the truck runs.

The hood seal is part of the Rubber Duck Kit. That seal and the casted manifolds the reasons I installed it instead of the Predator kit. The heat exchangers are identical and the piping and connections are pretty much the same on both kits, but the Predator kit has a manifold that I didn't care for as much. 

For the  intercooler kit from Predator they want $2395 US and Travis at Rubber Duck has his on sale now for $2699 US. Frankly Rubber duck makes a better set up and I bought both to look at them side by side. The Rubber Duck kit is normally more than $1000 US more than the Predator kit.... which I paid the full price on. Damn

Screen Shot 2018-03-26 at 18.55.49.png

I had to mod my hood vent a bit as well to allow the pipes clamps to clear. Looks fine and the screen is heavy enough to hold the bend well. 2 years and it's been fine. Haven't had to touch it again.

IMG_4304.jpg

I will send you a PM with a number for the Predator one. If you think you may want the intercooler you will like the price... If not no problem as personally I would not put it on my truck. I'm sure the Predator kit works fine as there are plenty out there, but I spent so much money on that truck it became a matter of principle to put on the best of everything that I could find.

I know how excited I was restoring and modding my H1 so I fully understand the enjoyment you are into now.

Cheers,

Derek

Not much of a sales pitch huh... haha
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1999 H1 HMC4 (black on black)

Hummer: from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia. n.[font=inherit;font-size:.9em;font-style:inherit;font-weight:inherit] "One who, or that which excels in any quality, especially in general energy or speed."[/font]
Roy
CHC Trail SuperGuide

Post by Roy »

[quote="ddgermann"]
Not sure I understand Roy..

I thought I was pretty clear in the post above. I bought them both and used the Rubber Duck system and am selling the Predator kit...

Have a closer look at what's installed on the truck man.. Hmmmm
[/quote]
too much reading, just looking at pics, I messed up. Human trait. ????Ducky fits niceand tight.
                                      99 Wagon
                          5.9 Cummins 12 valve  mech.                                     Stocking most parts to fix your H1  :smil9:
                                   41.5-13.5 R16.5 Pitbull Rockers,
                                     Auburn lockers front and rear
                                  Full custom underbody protection
                                                3" body lift
                                          4" side rock tubes                                 
                               12100 rear cv shafts                                                                        

519-272-1761   :cellphone:
<p style="text-align:center;"> 
Rocrusher
CHC Pilot

Post by Rocrusher »

Mid mounts made. Onto the rears. Body is raised and on the front mounts and steering boot has been relocated and sealed. Ince i get the rear mountsmade i will send them and my close out panel for powder coating!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
WIDELOAD
CHC Pilot

Post by WIDELOAD »

Very nice!
James

-----------------

1995 Hummer H1 Wagon
Rocrusher
CHC Pilot

Post by Rocrusher »

Rear mounts welded up.
Monk
CHC Trail SuperGuide

Post by Monk »

Very very nice!!!!
96 HMC4

Optimizer N/A

Super Swamper IROKS 39.5x13.5x 16.5
Rocrusher
CHC Pilot

Post by Rocrusher »

Finished the stereo wiring and installation of new 6x9 marine speakers and mounting panel.

Body lift is almost done. Just need to make new fuel tank mounting straps. The rest is installed and my close out panel is being powder coated. Raised the front grill guard up 2" to match the body.

For now i also gutted my catalytic converter. And going to make a staight through pipe to replace the muffler until i order all the performance RD stuff. Have to fallow a budget! Lol.
Last edited by Rocrusher on Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WIDELOAD
CHC Pilot

Post by WIDELOAD »

Looks great, love the progress!
James

-----------------

1995 Hummer H1 Wagon
Rocrusher
CHC Pilot

Post by Rocrusher »

Thanks. Your kit is almost done too! Lol.

Just fuel tank straps left!