H2 Monsoon Stereo Upgrade

Pimped out your ride. Tell us about it.
JL
CHC Trail Guide

H2 Monsoon Stereo Upgrade

Post by JL »

I want to do a bit of an upgrade to the stock Monsoon stereo in my 2008 H3. I don't really want to start adding anything new, just swapping out the stock components for some better hardware. In the doors I'm thinking of some Alpine 6.5" in place of the stockers, and the factory sub I haven't decided on yet.

I'm not going to try and change the head unit or the factory amplifier, just swapping out speakers and the sub.

Anyone have experience doing this in their H3 before? What did you use and were you happy with the results? The door speakers I'm pretty well decided on the S-Type Alpine's but the sub I'm not sure about. I just want something better than stock that will work well with the factory amp. The sub enclosure in these trucks is knows to be pretty good so even a mediocre sub should sound half decent (like the stock sub).

Agh! I can see I've made a mistake in the title about an H2 stereo upgrade which is not the case! I meant to type H3...
Last edited by JL on Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[center]2006 H2 - Couple goodies but basically stock!

[/center]
brianwidahl
CHC Trail Guide

Re: H2 Monsoon Stereo Upgrade

Post by brianwidahl »

i would say look into JL audio.

ive think they have the best sound quality.

Defiantly alpine if you want loud

Brian
Khamul
CHC Pilot

Re: H2 Monsoon Stereo Upgrade

Post by Khamul »

JL is the name out there....

I'd watch Alpine though. I've had Alpine all my life and have always loved them....BUT..... they do not mix with stock components. Found that out the hard way, in my Jeep when all I wanted was a new deck.....which lead to new speakers.....then a high power amp to drive the new speakers properly, then a powered subwoofer to get the base that the new speakers were lacking......

Sounded great in the end...... but a hell of alot more than I had planned!

And then I sold the jeep for an H3..... Go figure.....
Live life like there is no tomorrow!! You never know what's around the next corner.....