H1-specific Install questions

Pimped out your ride. Tell us about it.
Hesh
CHC Trail Guide

H1-specific Install questions

Post by Hesh »

Hey guys, Ive been kicking around the idea of changing/upgrading the Monsoon subwoofers under the seat in my wagon, and realized that there is little room to do so. At the expense of sounding rather silly (while being entirely serious), it seems like if I do go to an upgraded pair of 8" RE subs, that depth would be my biggest issue, but clearance/height would fix this. Instead of moving the enclosure elsewhere (I like the stealthiness of the under-seat box) could I put the rear seat on a 1-1.5" riser/spacer between the base and the floor and replace the bolt with an appropriately longer base to re-fasten it, to achieve more real estate under the seat?

Also, does anyone have the wiring diagram for the connector AT the Monsoon amp (not the deck)?

Where did those who have added systems run their grounding point for their amps? I wondered where the best spot was for my installer to run the ground wire, as last time I checked, our body-tub was aluminium. Are there steel tie in spots that go to the frame?

Is there a decent spot that is easy to access on the Passenger Side to run a decently thick guage of wire (0 or 4 awg)? We tried looking, and couldnt find anything that would be easy to reach, and not run under the truck (as I do offroad the truck through all sorts of elements).

For mounting the Amp on the drivers side wheel well top in the back, is there anything I should know or be aware of to safely mount it there? It will have a carpeted cover (with a fan to ensure its cooled) to maintain a minimal view of the equipment.
duncanpa
CHC Trail SuperGuide

Re: H1-specific Install questions

Post by duncanpa »

[quote name='Hesh' timestamp='1308524943' post='28324']

Hey guys, Ive been kicking around the idea of changing/upgrading the Monsoon subwoofers under the seat in my wagon, and realized that there is little room to do so. At the expense of sounding rather silly (while being entirely serious), it seems like if I do go to an upgraded pair of 8" RE subs, that depth would be my biggest issue, but clearance/height would fix this. Instead of moving the enclosure elsewhere (I like the stealthiness of the under-seat box) could I put the rear seat on a 1-1.5" riser/spacer between the base and the floor and replace the bolt with an appropriately longer base to re-fasten it, to achieve more real estate under the seat?

Also, does anyone have the wiring diagram for the connector AT the Monsoon amp (not the deck)?

Where did those who have added systems run their grounding point for their amps? I wondered where the best spot was for my installer to run the ground wire, as last time I checked, our body-tub was aluminium. Are there steel tie in spots that go to the frame?

Is there a decent spot that is easy to access on the Passenger Side to run a decently thick guage of wire (0 or 4 awg)? We tried looking, and couldnt find anything that would be easy to reach, and not run under the truck (as I do offroad the truck through all sorts of elements).

For mounting the Amp on the drivers side wheel well top in the back, is there anything I should know or be aware of to safely mount it there? It will have a carpeted cover (with a fan to ensure its cooled) to maintain a minimal view of the equipment.

[/quote]

Try sending a PM to Roy as he really knows the H1 or try Boeing Jet (Marcus) as he had some serious stereo equipment put into his H1 and he might be able to help. Also try Polar Bear (Kevin) or Olishooter (Steve) as they are both Hummer Techs and could probably help as well. Good luck.
2005 Black on Black Beautiful BEAST

The Only Way To Get Over It Is To Drive A Hummer
Hesh
CHC Trail Guide

Post by Hesh »

Thanks dude, I'll give it a few days in hopes they stumble upon this thread before pm'ing for some call-outs for info lol

Following up, The subs are made by RE (*not* Rockford Fosgate) 8" sub from their REX lineup:

8"

* Mounting Depth - 4.5"

* Mounting Hole Diameter - 7.3"

* Overall Diameter - 8.7"

* Bolt Hole Circle - 8"

* Motor Width - 4.875"

* Motor Depth - 1.9"

* Basket Depth - 2.4"

* Displacement - 0.07 cu. ft.

* Weight - 6.2 lbs.

T/S Parameters

* Electrical Q Value -Qes: 0.38

* Mechanical Q Value -Qms: 4.21

* Total Speaker Q Value -Qts: 0.34

* Free Air Resonance -Fs: 22.8 Hz

* Equivalent Compliance -Vas: 27.1 liters

* One-Way, Linear Excursion -Xmax: 12 mm

* Efficiency -SPL 1W/1m: 81.2 dB SPL

* Effective Piston Area -Sd: 195 cm^2

* DC Resistance -Re: 3.2 ohm

* Nominal Impedance -Znom: Dual 4 ohm

* Thermal Power Handling -Pe: 175 W

* Force Factor -Bl: 15.4

8" / Compact / Optimal

Sealed: 0.3 / 0.35

Ported: 0.35@35Hz / 0.5@35Hz

http://www.reaudio.com/products.php

The amp powering it, is an USamps AX5600 5 channel, which will also feed the factory monsoon speakers initially, and later some aftermarket units.

AX-5600 (AX.5600/AX5600) Features:

* 5-channel amplifier Optimized for quality sound & dynamics at a 4-ohm load (plus a 1ohm sub amp)

* Butterworth configuration frequency filters

* Separate bass amplifier built into the chassis

* Dual Power Supplies to Separate Mids/Highs from Bass

* Variable High-Pass/Low-Pass (HP/LP) Full Crossover

* Subsonic Filter

* Non-computerized SAT

* Remote Bass Gain Control Included

* <0.025% THD

* S/N >95 dB

* Damping Factor >200

AX-5600 (AX.5600/AX5600) Specifications:

* 75Wx4 @ 4ohms (Watts RMS) + 500Wx1 @ 1ohm (Watts RMS) Subwoofer Channel Output

* 90Wx4 @ 2ohms (Watts RMS) + 500Wx1 @ 1ohm (Watts RMS) Subwoofer Channel Output

* Dimensions: 19.6" L x 11" W x 2.7" H

Source unit is the monsoon deck for now, maybe next year I will step it up to a Clarion or Kenwood Navi Double Din.
dwaxman1
CHC Trail Guide

Post by dwaxman1 »

Currently....I hate my Stereo setup in my H1...the previous owner had so much CRAP installed it was a spaghetti every where of cables...currently it works but I soon will be tearing it all out, to install what is the next question...wish I could help but MArkus is probably one of your best bets, or Sam, he is pretty serious about this stereo stuff too..
<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->