need a new stereo

Pimped out your ride. Tell us about it.
MRVAPER1
Club Member

need a new stereo

Post by MRVAPER1 »

i was told to visit here for advice on replacing an older Clarion NZ500 which is getting a bit long in the tooth. any suggestions? hoping to have some sort of GPS in/on it as well? also any advice on installers that anyone would recommend
ddgermann
CHC Pilot

Re: need a new stereo

Post by ddgermann »

[quote="MRVAPER1"]
i was told to visit here for advice on replacing an older Clarion NZ500 which is getting a bit long in the tooth. any suggestions? hoping to have some sort of GPS in/on it as well? also any advice on installers that anyone would recommend
[/quote]

I've got the NZ501 in my H1 and am looking to do upgrade it too. It works ok but the touchscreen interface is not very quick. I'm going for something with Apple Car Play, Bluetooth and nav.
Think I'm going to upgrade the overhead speakers as well. The 2 subs and amp are staying likely as they work well. 
I'll let you know if I find something above average as there are a bunch of good choices out there. I also see you can get in-dash replacements designed for specific vehicles or manufacturers.

Good luck with your search and let us know if you find something. 

Merry Christmas,
1999 H1 HMC4 (black on black)

Hummer: from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia. n.[font=inherit;font-size:.9em;font-style:inherit;font-weight:inherit] "One who, or that which excels in any quality, especially in general energy or speed."[/font]