Hello Newbies

Check in and tell us about your ride.
Monk
CHC Trail SuperGuide

Re: Hello Newbies

Post by Monk »

Welcome, yes would love to see a pic! :)
Warpig
Club Member

Post by Warpig »

Let’s see if this works.
😁
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Monk
CHC Trail SuperGuide

Post by Monk »

Jesus!!! :shock:
That's a beast!! Man, does it ever have a cool factor!

Your a brave man, lol duramax wiring would stress me, hahha
BUT the benefits are phenomenal
Warpig
Club Member

Post by Warpig »

Thanks monk

It’s been a great project vehicle all these years. It sure didn’t look like that when I first got it.

The duramax conversion will be interesting. If any member has done one. Would love to pick their brain. 😂

Cheers
Injunfarian
CHC President

Post by Injunfarian »

That is a good looking machine, I have always wanted to build a HMMWV Turtleback/Slantback. I had the Calgold slantback on my open top for a couple of years however it wasn't ideal.

I am currently on the fence on a Duramax/Allison swap or a Cummins with stock 4L80E swap. I would love to do Dmax/Allison for a much more modern setup but the simplicity/cost of the Cummins is ideal as well.
Warpig
Club Member

Post by Warpig »

Ya Injun It will be interesting to get the wiring sorted out. A Cummins would be a easier setup. Ive already purchased a 2005 lly duramax truck with all the engine upgrades done Already minus the arp studs. Due to COVID and the loss of my job I’m putting this project on hold for a bit. I also have another m1026 hmmwv project on the works which is also on hold for now. 😬
Injunfarian
CHC President

Post by Injunfarian »

Sorry to hear about Job lost, hopefully things will get going back for you soon. I would love to follow the build.
Ashcon
Club Member

Post by Ashcon »

2C654362-BF2B-4E73-9455-2B650D2840FA.jpeg
AC21B650-DD0E-44AB-8866-A30D929292E9.jpeg
92701224-39B1-43E2-BCE3-14B2EF18E996.jpeg
Just had my h1 cross the border last week and now on the road. This is my second h1 (regretted selling my first h1 but it put a nice down payment on our first house. 36years old and work as a fulltime firefighter (so lots of time to get it dirty and clean it up while saving cats of course lol) glad I found this club look forward to chatting with everyone. Rig I bought is a 1994 am general hummer , soft top. I’m located east of Toronto
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Injunfarian
CHC President

Post by Injunfarian »

That is a very clean looking truck, welcome to the club!