new to the form with H1

Check in and tell us about your ride.
Rocrusher
CHC Pilot

new to the form with H1

Post by Rocrusher »

Hello all

I have been on the forum for about three weeks doing research and stuff while I was looking for a hummer. I finally to possession of my first one. Its a 2000 open top, 66k miles. I brought it up from Florida and it started out in California. It's in great shape, but as you all know it's 17 years old and it has a few gremlins. I will be looking for help and info later! LOL. I have been in the offroad seen for 21 years and know my way around rigs and look forward to making this my own. It will be my daily driver as I have a Jeep based buggy with 4 wheel steer and 54" mickey's to play with offroad. Look forward to meeting any of you at some point. I am in the waterdown/Hamilton area.
Cheers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
whitehumh2
CHC Trail SuperGuide

Re: new to the form with H1

Post by whitehumh2 »

Awesome!

Welcome to the Club!
<p class="bbc_center">1 - There is a time for everything,

and a season for every activity under the heavens:

3b - a time to tear down and a time to build,

5 - a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,

Ecclesiastes 3:1,3b&5a
Rocrusher
CHC Pilot

Post by Rocrusher »

Thank you.
Monk
CHC Trail SuperGuide

Post by Monk »

Ha, glad to have you here, I'm sure you'll LOVE your ride,

I drive a 96 black hmc4 , and it's my daily driver as well. Dundas man here.....

As for our trucks yes, keep that mind frame, it's older and need a little maintenance, some more then others, but at the end of the day,

We can sleep with a grin on our face ! Heehhe
96 HMC4

Optimizer N/A

Super Swamper IROKS 39.5x13.5x 16.5
Rocrusher
CHC Pilot

Post by Rocrusher »

Hey there. Wow your close. We'll have to meet up some time. I will be in living in the shop again for a while! Lol

Did an oil change tonight and have to do some drive shaft ujoints, hanger bearin,thermostats and a coolant change. As well as figuring out why i have no heat.
ddgermann
CHC Pilot

Post by ddgermann »

Welcome! Sounds like a wild offroad machine you have. Enjoy your H1 It looks good.

Derek 
1999 H1 HMC4 (black on black)

Hummer: from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia. n.[font=inherit;font-size:.9em;font-style:inherit;font-weight:inherit] "One who, or that which excels in any quality, especially in general energy or speed."[/font]
Boeing Jet
CHC Trail SuperGuide

Post by Boeing Jet »

Welcome to the club. I have a 99 black wagon. If you're ever in the Caledonia area let me know.
Monk
CHC Trail SuperGuide

Post by Monk »

Also being a Florida truck, double check to make sure they didn't bypass the hear core,

It's a common thing if a core leaks, lol easier ( especially south) to just bypass....

Hopefully the heat issue is just the t-stats,
96 HMC4

Optimizer N/A

Super Swamper IROKS 39.5x13.5x 16.5
Roy
CHC Trail SuperGuide

Post by Roy »

As well as checking the heater controls under the right dash. Seen wire ties keeping the system to cool only.
Drop in sometime you are out and about. I stock most common parts for these rigs.
                                      99 Wagon
                          5.9 Cummins 12 valve  mech.                                     Stocking most parts to fix your H1  :smil9:
                                   41.5-13.5 R16.5 Pitbull Rockers,
                                     Auburn lockers front and rear
                                  Full custom underbody protection
                                                3" body lift
                                          4" side rock tubes                                 
                               12100 rear cv shafts                                                                        

519-272-1761   :cellphone:
<p style="text-align:center;"> 
Rocrusher
CHC Pilot

Post by Rocrusher »

Thanks guys. Will be working on the heat shortly. Last night I started rebuilding the front drive shaft and hanger bearing. As well I did an oil change. Wow I cannot believe it takes so little. My 6.7 cummins holds 12.6 liters! Kinda nice!
Would love to come up sometime Roy. What hanger bearing do you use? I picked up the napa one last night but I don't think I like it. It looks like it is not sealed. Maybe I am wrong but you can see the bearing grease out of the box and the dust caps cannot rub the rubber, does that make sense?

Good thoughts on the heat guys, will update on the issue.