X-Driven hi-def Dashboard Cam

Post your Pics and Videos here.
rtksurveyor
CHC Navigator

Re: X-Driven hi-def Dashboard Cam

Post by rtksurveyor »

[quote name='Sugarphreak' timestamp='1334323498' post='36150']

I got one of these for my daily driver: a BlackVue DG400 HD camera... it is tucked up becide my rear view mirror and not noticable at all. Very decent system and computer friendly, also has GPS which allows you to track speed and even location using a map program that comes with it. In addition to that it has 3 axis G-sensors which can activate the camrea when you are parked. Very customizable setup, G-sensitivity, how long you want each block, resolution, sound, overlay of things like speed, time and date.

Even at night it takes remarkably good video

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=he0XnYi1JJA[/media]

[/quote]

Nice video quality.

I recently (yesterday) tried to buy a second x-driven for my girlfriends car.

I have had mine for about 3 years and it has delivered. I trust the product 100%.

I could not find ONE person on the internet selling them. The web site has been down for ages for repairs apparantly.

I went onto ebay and it almost looks like the manufacturer was bought out and they replaced the product with a cheaper version with a remote GPS antenna.

Too bad if this is true.

I am sure that there are other great products out there but I can say that this camera is reliable and I am not regretting buying another as a backup when they were still being sold on ebay.

Shame.
rtksurveyor
CHC Navigator

Post by rtksurveyor »

[quote name='Sugarphreak' timestamp='1334323498' post='36150']

I got one of these for my daily driver: a BlackVue DG400 HD camera... it is tucked up becide my rear view mirror and not noticable at all. Very decent system and computer friendly, also has GPS which allows you to track speed and even location using a map program that comes with it. In addition to that it has 3 axis G-sensors which can activate the camrea when you are parked. Very customizable setup, G-sensitivity, how long you want each block, resolution, sound, overlay of things like speed, time and date.

Even at night it takes remarkably good video

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=he0XnYi1JJA[/media]

[/quote]

I have noticed that the market has realy expanded with these automotive black boxes. When I bought mine, there were only about 3 or 4 devices that did this and mine was the only one that had gps and 3 axis sensors.

I saw a few that had dual cameras (for prooving that you were not on a cell phone or showing what is going on behind and the sides of the vehicle).

Some are even integrated into a clip on rear view mirror with a small video screen at the side.

Neet.

I read a lot of reviews and it seems that it is buyer beware on a lot of these products.

I think I just got lucky with the x-driven.

Knock on wood.

If anyone sees one for sale, PLEASE send me the link. I want another.....
Sugarphreak
CHC Pilot

Post by Sugarphreak »

Yeah there is a ton of them out there, I've been happy with mine... even captured a bunch of goofs going backwards in the traffic circle in my community, with other cars in the circle no less! so I sent it in to the police and they gave them both tickets for it!
Last edited by Sugarphreak on Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.