Not crazy - but OFF Road (in Ontario)

You like to leave the road behind? Ride the dirt trails? Do some rock climbing? Or do you just want to get Muddy? Then this is the spot
yevych
CHC Pilot

Not crazy - but OFF Road (in Ontario)

Post by yevych »

2010 H3 Adventure 3.7L - Hummer evolution :), 35" Mickey Thomson MTZ on 16" MT SideBiters, oem underbody & rocker protection, Safari snorkle, K&N filters, Air Doc intake, Rola roof rack, Off-road lights, Runva winch on High-Mount and Warn on tray, Outfitter heavy duty tie rods.
whitehumh2
CHC Trail SuperGuide

Re: Not crazy - but OFF Road (in Ontario)

Post by whitehumh2 »

Looks like some nice trails!
<p class="bbc_center">1 - There is a time for everything,

and a season for every activity under the heavens:

3b - a time to tear down and a time to build,

5 - a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,

Ecclesiastes 3:1,3b&5a
yevych
CHC Pilot

Post by yevych »

We do have nice trails :photo:  - just need to find the time to go ... 
2010 H3 Adventure 3.7L - Hummer evolution :), 35" Mickey Thomson MTZ on 16" MT SideBiters, oem underbody & rocker protection, Safari snorkle, K&N filters, Air Doc intake, Rola roof rack, Off-road lights, Runva winch on High-Mount and Warn on tray, Outfitter heavy duty tie rods.
PierreLucScott
Club Member

Post by PierreLucScott »

Im having a hard time finding trails around Gta, do you know of good places. Nothing too extreme. I have H3 with 3 inch lift and 35``pro comps.
yevych
CHC Pilot

Post by yevych »

[quote="PierreLucScott"]
Im having a hard time finding trails around Gta, do you know of good places. Nothing too extreme. I have H3 with 3 inch lift and 35``pro comps.
[/quote]

If you don't mind driving for couple of hours to Bobcaygeon area (north of Peterborough) - there are number of different rating trails from easy to very technical... I do at least couple of trails in that area each summer... Will ping you if I decide to go in fall. If you register with of4wd: <a href="http://www.of4wd.com/">http://www.of4wd.com/</a> you can find good info about trails/rating/etc...
 Do you have lockers? I think it is standard to have at least one in H3. 

There are also few runs in Orillia area organized by John I believe - check under CHC Events.
yevych
CHC Pilot

Post by yevych »

[quote="Polar Bear"]
Looks like some nice trails!
[/quote]

Hey Kevin, I tried to pm you - but getting "The member Polar Bear cannot receive any new messages

Wanted to ask you about tie rods on your H2... did you install some custom ones? 
Roy
CHC Trail SuperGuide

Post by Roy »

No, stock ones with outer supports to strenghten the tie rod assembly . He did this mod on the trail up in Mont Tremblant trying to keep up to the H1 crowd. Busted 2 tie rods in 15 feet of hill.
Support bars made by Roys Shop. :coffeenose:
Last edited by Roy on Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
                                      99 Wagon
                          5.9 Cummins 12 valve  mech.                                     Stocking most parts to fix your H1  :smil9:
                                   41.5-13.5 R16.5 Pitbull Rockers,
                                     Auburn lockers front and rear
                                  Full custom underbody protection
                                                3" body lift
                                          4" side rock tubes                                 
                               12100 rear cv shafts                                                                        

519-272-1761   :cellphone:
<p style="text-align:center;"> 
Toxicrider
CHC Pilot

Post by Toxicrider »

Ardbeg has some nice trails as well.
duncanpa
CHC Trail SuperGuide

Post by duncanpa »

Ardbeg, that's my neck of the woods. Have often heard about the trails up there but never been able to go.....interested if anyone else wants to come up this way and try them out....
2005 Black on Black Beautiful BEAST

The Only Way To Get Over It Is To Drive A Hummer
yevych
CHC Pilot

Post by yevych »

[quote="Roy"]
No, stock ones with outer supports to strenghten the tie rod assembly . He did this mod on the trail up in Mont Tremblant trying to keep up to the H1 crowd. Busted 2 tie rods in 15 feet of hill.
Support bars made by Roys Shop. :coffeenose:
[/quote]

Thanks Roy. Can you make pair for my H3?