Heavy mods of my 95 H1. Now seats 12 but can carry 14

A Great "HOW TO" spot to post your step by steps on how to do, build, or fix something.. NON Truck Specific..
Masic
Club Member

Heavy mods of my 95 H1. Now seats 12 but can carry 14

Post by Masic »

Just started this in September. Some work at night and some on weekends. I'm converting this h1 into a mechanical service truck with removable tool boxes so I can have a great get away vehicle for trips in the mountains.

I am keeping this truck as utilitarian as able and want to in the end be able to set a garden hose and sprinkler inside right in the middle, crank it full blast in order to wash the interior. I have been working with aluminum only except where I will make the tool box mounts on top of the rear fenders. They will be out of steel.

I will eventually make my own dash but have it similar to the factory one. I'm not looking into trying to make a H1 look like its military brother. I believe that your either in the military or not and not dressed to look like your in the military. I have added military items only because they are cheap, easy to find, fit (kind of lol) and just another item that I don't have to make.

I have added my own version of the Hvac system. The factory one sucked! I have a heater mounted between the front passengers both at head height and on top of the tunnel. Together they produce almost 60,000btu. The high mounted heater will either defrost the windshield or blow on the hands and face. The low mounted heater will heat the body and feet. I haven't made the floor / feet ducting yet but will as soon as I can. I have also mounted a Sebastopol air top heater in the original military location and have it ducted to the rear to provide supplementary cargo heating or overnight heating.

The H1 has a 2" lift, NA 6.5l pos! Front and rear lockers (to be installed). I did purchase an adaptor plate for a 6bt install to the factory trans. This will be next years mod lol.

I still have to aluminum clad the rest of the tub, foam between for insulation, install a roof mounted AC, install a larger bush guard, install my rear tire and Jerry can mounting, speakers, some wiring, paint, under carriage protection, rear winch, larger tires, cummins kit complete with custom exhaust, pioneer kit (hood mounted), cabin filtered pressurized fan, tools, re cover the seats and add heated seat option, door locks, seat belt kits, interior completion and who knows!

I will post pics as it progresses. I have a deal already for all of the factory interior, half doors, roll bar, cargo and passenger covers, original Hvac, tailgate and all other parts that I have removed from the factory hummer. If this changes I will post with prices

Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
whitehumh2
CHC Trail SuperGuide

Re: Heavy mods of my 95 H1. Now seats 12 but can carry 14

Post by whitehumh2 »

WOW!!! That is awesome! Did you make that cap or did you purchase it?? It looks like you are making the ultimate overland/backcountry H1!

Really nice work! Keep the Pics coming!
<p class="bbc_center">1 - There is a time for everything,

and a season for every activity under the heavens:

3b - a time to tear down and a time to build,

5 - a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,

Ecclesiastes 3:1,3b&5a
Masic
Club Member

Post by Masic »

The cap is a modified M996 ambulance cap. Heavily modified cap lol. I did do a ton to its structure and some changes to its original dimensions.
03H2
CHC Pilot

Post by 03H2 »

That's a ton of work for sure...great vision bud.
[center]o [O] I I I I I I I [O] o[/center]

[center]HUMMER: Curing those "Almost got there" Blues....[/center]
Masic
Club Member

Post by Masic »

Thanks for the compliments! I've always wanted to tear one apart and build it up the way I want lol. The tan and black camo h1 will also be converted but I will use the M997 (4liter) body instead. Going to camperize it to be an expedition type vehicle. Practice on the first one, execute the second one! So far so good on the first one
Last edited by Masic on Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Masic
Club Member

Post by Masic »

I will add larger photos after paint. in about a week or so
nitrous
CHC Pilot

Post by nitrous »

Very Cool Project.
ROADBLOK
CHC Pilot

Post by ROADBLOK »

Man, I wish I had the money to do that to mine. I'd love to have an ambulance body on mine.

Can't wait for the bigger pictures!
Masic
Club Member

Post by Masic »

Added photos from my phone while waiting at the mall (misses is shopping - blah!). sorry if they didn't turn out large enough to view. I still have to bed line the foot wells, install heated seats, install seat belts, install tool boxes, install speakers, install exterior lighting and switches @ the overhead console, stencils, pioneer rack on the hood, larger bush guard, ration heater (24 volt), spare tire, 3 jerry cans, high lift jack, larger tires. Cummins conversion, rear winch, webasto and marine batt charger, heated windshields, ham and business radio, gps........ I'm going to post larger photos when close to complete
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Masic
Club Member

Post by Masic »

I forgot to mention! I am going to convert my tan and black H1 into a 4 liter ambulance so this means that everything you see in the photo that would not fit will be for sale