DVR for your rig

A Great "HOW TO" spot to post your step by steps on how to do, build, or fix something.. NON Truck Specific..
priuseater
CHC Pilot

Re: DVR for your rig

Post by priuseater »

The DVR my dad has allows you to select if you want IR or not.. Its not permanently on.
[center] 2002 10th Anniversay H1 - Desert Sunset - #21 of 65[/center]
Archngel
CHC Trail SuperGuide

Post by Archngel »

"Hey Marty, you need to talk with Marc aka Archangel. He has had a DVR for as long as I can remember and I think he also sells and installs them!"

Kev

The one I have Keven is the set up i put up when ever I go on even like polar bear playground, AM General event or rally, its not something permanent. For the one that have seen the setup, its my laptop tablet hooked to a webcam on my center rear view mirror and I record directly to a hard drive.

Here is a picture of the setup.

Last summer Ive bought the hero 2 cam but so far haven't been able to use them properly, so didn't get much out of them yet, but possibilities are almost endless. When I have time and able to go offroading Ill try them again and see what I can get out of them. will keep you posted.

For sure if i could get a more permanent setup, I like the one that has the DVR in the trunk with 4 channels and SD card or SSD drive,http://www.ebay.ca/itm/4CH-H-264-Real-Time-SD-Mobile-Car-DVR-Standalone-Security-Video-Audio-View-/160920505641?pt=US_Surveillance_Digital_Video_Recorders_Cards&hash=item25779c0d29 the problem is to find the cam that will be discrete enough and effective enough, that would be great. im looking through all my suppliers to find the right ones .
<p class="bbc_center">Wake up , it's off road time.

White 10 H3 Alpha, Black on White, Adventure, Toyo Open Country MT 315/75-16,

Front and Rear lockers, Under Body Armor, Rocker Protector, T-Max12000, Gobi Stealth Rack
<p class="bbc_center">White 08 H2 SUT Luxury on BF K02 AT 37x12.50R17 with Rancho 9000 serie
<p class="bbc_center">the rest is on the works
shotgun-cam
CHC Trail SuperGuide

Post by shotgun-cam »

With the new Hero 3 Go Pro's out white sells for 199.99 or 249.99 from canadian stores hint have them price challenge Go Pro site price and camera becomes 194 and change. these things are getting cheaper also older units are being sold on line for less than some web cams.

Also I recommend carrying a small digital camera Not a cell phone camera in case of accident you take pictures of both vehicles any debrie on road and its position ( gives reference to where impact occurred ) and road approaches and exit ( gives where everyone was going and road conditions. also take front and rear plates of other vehicles (id and insurance)
Enjoy Life and Leave the World a Little Better Each Day!!
BioHazard
CHC Pilot

Post by BioHazard »

Ah I knew I saw this on here somewhere. Sorry to revive an otherwise dead thread, but just came across this on Amazon.

<a href="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005GT ... 5GTKY24</a>

Product Features
<div style="margin:.5em 0px 0em 25px;color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:small;">
<ul class="bbc">[*]Unique rear view mirror design + adjustable camera lens + wide viewing angle, easy installation, blend in perfectly with car interior, no windshield mounting required
[*]Run automatically, automatic on / off when engines on / off
[*]Loop recording + built-in 2.4" TFT LCD + Instant playback + Audio recording
[/list]</div>