Hummer H3 OEM Look Snorkel

A Great "HOW TO" spot to post your step by steps on how to do, build, or fix something.. NON Truck Specific..
Archngel
CHC Trail SuperGuide

Hummer H3 OEM Look Snorkel

Post by Archngel »

Hi everyone

I just came across a very interesting link for H3 owner that would like to have a snorkel and retain their original look as much as possible.

I have seen a few here and there that achieved the original look with the original breather cap but they were removing too much structure around the hood inge. This one use almost the same route with minimal removal material.

<a href="http://www.hummer4x4offroad.com/forum/s ... upgrade</a>

Check it out.

Keven ,, that is to me anyways, way much better that the previous ( OEM look ) one we looked at. What do you think? is there enough air volume intake to keep the 5.3 purring or growling furiously if necessary?

<p class="bbc_center">Wake up , it's off road time.

White 10 H3 Alpha, Black on White, Adventure, Toyo Open Country MT 315/75-16,

Front and Rear lockers, Under Body Armor, Rocker Protector, T-Max12000, Gobi Stealth Rack
<p class="bbc_center">White 08 H2 SUT Luxury on BF K02 AT 37x12.50R17 with Rancho 9000 serie
<p class="bbc_center">the rest is on the works
whitehumh2
CHC Trail SuperGuide

Re: Hummer H3 OEM Look Snorkel

Post by whitehumh2 »

Ok, While I really really like the ARB Safari Snorkel Set-up simply because I have done them before and they fit perfect and work great.

SO, I actually like the set-up he did. It is doable! I have some better tubing that I used for my own snorkel and I would use for yours. It will flow more than enough air for your Alpha!!

So when do we start the mod???
<p class="bbc_center">1 - There is a time for everything,

and a season for every activity under the heavens:

3b - a time to tear down and a time to build,

5 - a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,

Ecclesiastes 3:1,3b&5a
Archngel
CHC Trail SuperGuide

Re: Hummer H3 OEM Look Snorkel

Post by Archngel »

not this week end but the next?? sent you a pm.

I really like this, to me it looks great and use original equipment, i always wondered why they didnt use the breathercap as intake,
well lets improve. It will looks incognito while actually improving its capability. and if really needed if i decide to turn my H into a submarine, it will still be easy to add an extension tu the top piping. but i dont think i'll ever go that deep. Water half winshield , not really my type.

I already know what my H can do, I'll be able to do a bit more with apparently nothing else. 
That is what i like , mountain goat in a sheep clothing 
<p class="bbc_center">Wake up , it's off road time.

White 10 H3 Alpha, Black on White, Adventure, Toyo Open Country MT 315/75-16,

Front and Rear lockers, Under Body Armor, Rocker Protector, T-Max12000, Gobi Stealth Rack
<p class="bbc_center">White 08 H2 SUT Luxury on BF K02 AT 37x12.50R17 with Rancho 9000 serie
<p class="bbc_center">the rest is on the works