H1: Wheel Falls Off?!

Have a technical question about your ride, or just looking for help? This is the spot..members unite to assist each other.
Technical help available in Alpha section
slowbutsteady
Club Member

Re: H1: Wheel Falls Off?!

Post by slowbutsteady »

Crazy Canucks 4x4: quick question. With the geared hub came a black rubber like seal. It was not in the manual or anywhere on the old unit. I recall you placing it on the geared hub.

Is it an important piece? The entire unit is together and working but if its going to be a problem then ill rip it apart tomorrow and install. I did not see it on the old geared hub. I'll try and take a picture of it and post if that will help.
Roy
CHC Trail SuperGuide

Re: H1: Wheel Falls Off?!

Post by Roy »

[quote name='slowbutsteady' timestamp='1356677020' post='41548']

Crazy Canucks 4x4: quick question. With the geared hub came a black rubber like seal. It was not in the manual or anywhere on the old unit. I recall you placing it on the geared hub.

Is it an important piece? The entire unit is together and working but if its going to be a problem then ill rip it apart tomorrow and install. I did not see it on the old geared hub. I'll try and take a picture of it and post if that will help.

[/quote]

That piece goes on the CV shaft as an extra dirt seal. Seal are now a 2 pc design.

Glad to hear it is back running. Any question in the future, just phone.
                                      99 Wagon
                          5.9 Cummins 12 valve  mech.                                     Stocking most parts to fix your H1  :smil9:
                                   41.5-13.5 R16.5 Pitbull Rockers,
                                     Auburn lockers front and rear
                                  Full custom underbody protection
                                                3" body lift
                                          4" side rock tubes                                 
                               12100 rear cv shafts                                                                        

519-272-1761   :cellphone:
<p style="text-align:center;">