Fire damage 2000 Wagon

Have a technical question about your ride, or just looking for help? This is the spot..members unite to assist each other.
Technical help available in Alpha section
whitehumh2
CHC Trail SuperGuide

Re: Fire damage 2000 Wagon

Post by whitehumh2 »

This is quite the project!

Best Locker for an H1 would be an Auburn ECTED. It is very strong and is a limited slip when unlocked and a Spool when locked. Wish they made it for an H2!

The ABS module is the same as a Land Rover so they are relatively easy to get! But I would agree with you for removing the ABS completely...it would be more reliable for offroad!
<p class="bbc_center">1 - There is a time for everything,

and a season for every activity under the heavens:

3b - a time to tear down and a time to build,

5 - a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,

Ecclesiastes 3:1,3b&5a
DerekCanuck
CHC Pilot

Post by DerekCanuck »

Yeah the AbS is gone so i figure why not set up with lockers and standard non abs brakes, do not need TT4 or ABs with lockers.
DerekCanuck
CHC Pilot

Post by DerekCanuck »

I have 12k axles, seals and spur gears in the garage. I see with the duramax conversion the front driveshaft is pretty close to the pan. Guess i could add an inch or do lift to the engine and tranny, install the diff centering kit or keep it easy and just run the stock 10k axles
whitehumh2
CHC Trail SuperGuide

Post by whitehumh2 »

The diff centering kit will actually put the driveshaft even closer to the engine oil pan.

Due to the power output of even a stock Duramax I would encourage you to run the 12K shafts...otherwise you will break the 10K very easily!

DerekCanuck
CHC Pilot

Post by DerekCanuck »

Yes you are right, i think leave the diff where it is and get the proper length front axles.

I can have two spares for the rear, no issues.

Have you had any experience with the stage eight spindle lock nuts from Blue hummer? I sm thinking install these when doing the axle swap.
whitehumh2
CHC Trail SuperGuide

Post by whitehumh2 »

Do it!! I have installed several! They are a great kit and the peace of mind is priceless!

DerekCanuck
CHC Pilot

Post by DerekCanuck »

Ok, so thus far, pulled the body, replaced all damaged parts on the engine, cleaned and tested the radiator and intercooler- ok. 
Lots of parts ordered, on hand, or on their way.
Pulled the front axles as the boots had damage from the fire.  Internally the CVs are good, so clean them up, new grease, new boots and reinstall for now.  Once I go to 450-500 HP then maybe go to the 12k axles I have on the shelf, for now lets get it running.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by DerekCanuck on Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
DerekCanuck
CHC Pilot

Post by DerekCanuck »

Update, duramax purring like a kitten
Last edited by DerekCanuck on Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
DerekCanuck
CHC Pilot

Post by DerekCanuck »

Update: body looking good, all panels changed out that were damaged except for the right side cowl, I need to do this at a later date.  just received an all aluminum coolant reservoir from rubber duck, pricey but nice and should last a life time.  If going with this tank with a duramax conversion I would suggest getting it custom built maybe an inch shorter in length on the engine side.  This would help in clearing the dipstick, air intake pipe, etc.  I might also suggest to reposition the 1" rad hose fittings.

Received the new 98 H1 cross body harness from militarypartscenter off ebay.  These guys are good.  worked out to about 25% cost of the one off of HPG so good savings and from what I can tell NOS, no damage.

I am contemplating seriously sending the duramax harness to Ken Wolkens in Florida standaloneharness.com for stripping and redo of the wires, fuse block, reprogramming.  Bit pricey but will get rid of a lot of underhood and in cab clutter, and get the computers to jive with the hummer.  Good guy, really knowledgable.

What I am looking for now is a wiring diagram for the 1998 cross body harness.  I have figured out what 50% of the plugs are for by comparing with the 93 harness in the little cummins truck but am not sure on the remainders, as there is likely changes in the harness from 93-98

So if anyone has a wiring diagram I sure would be grateful, or if you know where to get one.
Monk
CHC Trail SuperGuide

Post by Monk »

Please keep the pics coming, I LOVE crazy restorations like your, cudos, at first I was a fraud for you, Hannaha

But wow, can see progress
96 HMC4

Optimizer N/A

Super Swamper IROKS 39.5x13.5x 16.5