Anybody paint there H2 bumper

Have a technical question about your ride, or just looking for help? This is the spot..members unite to assist each other.
Technical help available in Alpha section
Stevegt
CHC Navigator

Anybody paint there H2 bumper

Post by Stevegt »

Wanted to get my 2004 H2 bumpers painted due to rusting, and was told by one body shop it will just rust at the same spot again, has anybody had there's painted? If so can you refer me to where you got it done.

Thanks

Steve
ddgermann
CHC Pilot

Re: Anybody paint there H2 bumper

Post by ddgermann »

Not much of a body shop.... Not too interested in taking any of your money.  :crazy:

Pull them off and get them "near white" sandblasted with a sil 4 sand and have them coated with an epoxy primer/paint. Or shoot a "Rhino" or other commercial box liner coating on them. (Not the garbage in the spray cans from NAPA or Crappy Tire) Lots of great colors now too. By the time they rust again...you will be a great great granddad. This is not a hugely expensive operation either.
(Don't forget new bolts)

Good Luck
D    :rockon:
1999 H1 HMC4 (black on black)

Hummer: from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia. n.[font=inherit;font-size:.9em;font-style:inherit;font-weight:inherit] "One who, or that which excels in any quality, especially in general energy or speed."[/font]
Monk
CHC Trail SuperGuide

Post by Monk »

Never knew a body shop would refuse work.... As stated above , great advise
96 HMC4

Optimizer N/A

Super Swamper IROKS 39.5x13.5x 16.5
BoostSUT
Club Member

Post by BoostSUT »

I plan to do my bumpers this spring. Sandblasting the rusted areas untill they are a gray white indicates all corrosion has been removed so they will not rust again. Body shops don't seam to like doing small jobs like this any more. If you remove your bumpers you should be able to find guys who do sandblasting. If your in my area maybe we can blast both sets at once.