Front brakes

Have a technical question about your ride, or just looking for help? This is the spot..members unite to assist each other.
Technical help available in Alpha section
Monk
CHC Trail SuperGuide

Front brakes

Post by Monk »

Well , I did my front calipers / pads

The job itself Imo wasn't to bad,

You definitely need a 14mm ratchet style wrench (lol I didn't have),

I used a offset wrench on my front drivers top,the rest a regular wrench and a ratchet... and lol really think I got lucky as it went smooth....

Now, I didn't realize the caliper are on solid steel, thank gawd it was coiled a few times at caliper (to lower a little )

My darn brake lines swivel end did NOT want to spin, so I broke driver side (on purpose)

Bought a new line at crappie tire...

Now for the passenger side again she didn't want to spin off the caliper.... Sooooo, I lowered the caliper and just spun that whole unit, and darnit, it worked!! (To my surprise). The lines looked good but corrosion I guess....

I dunno for some reason I was expecting an all day job, hehe

But honestly even though I broke one drivers caliper line, it went fast and smooth... "to smooth", like something has to go wrong now "Murphy's Law " haha

Imo the only hard bolt is the front driver side top...rest was straight forward...
Last edited by Monk on Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
96 HMC4

Optimizer N/A

Super Swamper IROKS 39.5x13.5x 16.5
Roy
CHC Trail SuperGuide

Re: Front brakes

Post by Roy »

next time use a small bungee cord or make a set of J hooks to hang the caliper off the inner sub frame
                                      99 Wagon
                          5.9 Cummins 12 valve  mech.                                     Stocking most parts to fix your H1  :smil9:
                                   41.5-13.5 R16.5 Pitbull Rockers,
                                     Auburn lockers front and rear
                                  Full custom underbody protection
                                                3" body lift
                                          4" side rock tubes                                 
                               12100 rear cv shafts                                                                        

519-272-1761   :cellphone:
<p style="text-align:center;"> 
Monk
CHC Trail SuperGuide

Re: Front brakes

Post by Monk »

Lol, I see you've done many before, hehe

Ya, that's a must for the next time I touch pads,...something so no pressure on the line
96 HMC4

Optimizer N/A

Super Swamper IROKS 39.5x13.5x 16.5