M996 Ambulance HMMWV

Have a technical question about your ride, or just looking for help? This is the spot..members unite to assist each other.
Technical help available in Alpha section
DerekCanuck
CHC Pilot

M996 Ambulance HMMWV

Post by DerekCanuck »

Ive installed a new windsheild frame and m996 ambulance body on my civilian body.  I am noticing that there is still a bit of a gap between the top of the windsheild frame and the bottom edge of the m996 roof

Wondering if anyone has a manual on the M998 or more specifically for the M996 ambulance installation.  Wondering if i am missing a filler strip, special seal, or if there is an adjustment that i am missing.  I will get some pics to show what i mean.   I think i may lift the ambulance body a few inches, see if i have something holding up the body unnecesarily. 

Also going to check my body mounts to ensure i have everything lined up and shimmed properly.

whitehumh2
CHC Trail SuperGuide

Re: M996 Ambulance HMMWV

Post by whitehumh2 »

To my knowledge, there is a larger than normal filler strip that goes between the windshield pillar and the ambulance body. I have seen several trucks and all of them had it.

Do a quick google search and you will see the large 3-4inch thick filler piece
<p class="bbc_center">1 - There is a time for everything,

and a season for every activity under the heavens:

3b - a time to tear down and a time to build,

5 - a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,

Ecclesiastes 3:1,3b&5a
DerekCanuck
CHC Pilot

Re: M996 Ambulance HMMWV

Post by DerekCanuck »

Difficult to find the part number, but thought hey Kascar may know and have what I need.  100% correct assumption.  What a great vendor.  The representative knew exactly the seal, 1"x2"x80" give or take, and has the block off plates for the top corners of the windshield frame.   So one more issue down.  I highly recommend Kascar..