rpm drop when slowing down at a stop

Have a technical question about your ride, or just looking for help? This is the spot..members unite to assist each other.
Technical help available in Alpha section
MRVAPER1
Club Member

rpm drop when slowing down at a stop

Post by MRVAPER1 »

got our used H3 a couple of days ago. noticed that when coming to a stop light that the RPM's drop a tad (from 750 down to 500) and then goes back to proper idle as if it is not getting enough fuel. or having trouble getting it's breath? it has a K&M air intake with a smaller breather intake both of which were black form dirt and soot. i changed out the bigger one and have noticd a SLIGHT improvement. still seems to be strugglling. hasnt  stalled but it feels like it wants me to turn up the idle just a tad. previos owner claims that the fuel pump was changed, how long a go i dont know. occasionally the check engine light comes on but does go out. any ideas? it has a healthy milage on it 340k+
citiboy
CHC Trail Guide

Re: rpm drop when slowing down at a stop

Post by citiboy »

Remove and clean the throttle body with throttle body cleaner and also clean the MAF sensor with MAF sensor cleaner. Disconnect the negative battery cable before doing the job. 

Credit to Humman
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CL5PrzI3RqU
Last edited by citiboy on Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<p class="bbc_center">2008 Hummer H2 Luxury Edition
<div> </div>
<div>Toyo MT 38x13.50x18 on Rockstar. Green keys. 2" rear spacers. 1" bodylift. Cognito UCA, steering bracket, front stab links. Bilstein 5100 shocks. Moog inner/outer tie-rods, pitman, idler arm & bracket with remote zerk. E&G Classics fender flares. ARP 434-1301 ex. man. stud kit. Airaid perf. air filter. Crown Performance brake lines. Warn PowerPlant HD. Rubberduck UCP. Gobi Ranger Roof Rack. Morimoto FX-R 3.0 projector headlights with 55w AC HID kit. Hella Rallye 4000 aux lights. Evans waterless coolant.</div>

<p class="bbc_center"><a class="bbc_url" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHPamkrWbiY">Off-Road Videos</a>