gas cap cover

Have a technical question about your ride, or just looking for help? This is the spot..members unite to assist each other.
Technical help available in Alpha section
MRVAPER1
Club Member

gas cap cover

Post by MRVAPER1 »

hey all, the chrome is coming off the gas cap cover. i heard it was tooooo expensive to get it re-chromed? will any after market cover fit? if so any idea where to get a new one? thinking i may want it in black like the truck and lockable

p.s. spare tire cover...where to buy?

i guess while i'm here, interior lights come on when FRONT doors are open but not when tailgate  door is open??? wrong setting?
Last edited by MRVAPER1 on Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
ddgermann
CHC Pilot

Re: gas cap cover

Post by ddgermann »

I didn't buy much for the H3 as it was almost new and mostly I used them for the H1...which wasn't. It's been a while but these guys did provide good service and answered the phone.

https://store.adv4x4.com/h3exterior.html

Not sure about the lighting issue when opening the back. That will take a bit of research in the manual and possibly wiring diagrams.

happy shopping...

Derek
Last edited by ddgermann on Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
1999 H1 HMC4 (black on black)

Hummer: from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia. n.[font=inherit;font-size:.9em;font-style:inherit;font-weight:inherit] "One who, or that which excels in any quality, especially in general energy or speed."[/font]
thejudge
CHC Navigator

Post by thejudge »

I usually browse hummerpartsclub.com randomly for stuff. Good for the usual accessories, unless you are looking for something more off road worthy.

I have a basic tire cover from a dealership, Black with white print displaying “hummer Cadillac” and some dealship name. Free for pick up in the mississauga/ Toronto area
MRVAPER1
Club Member

Post by MRVAPER1 »

where are you in Miss? and what size tire will it fit.mine are 265/75r16
Boeing Jet
CHC Trail SuperGuide

Post by Boeing Jet »

I have a contact in Caledonia that does powder coating if you're interested.