you light up my life, but not my button

Have a technical question about your ride, or just looking for help? This is the spot..members unite to assist each other.
Technical help available in Alpha section
MRVAPER1
Club Member

you light up my life, but not my button

Post by MRVAPER1 »

first snowfall 2 weeks ago i took the H3 out in the backyard for a buzz around. didnt realize that you had to hold the stab button for 5 seconds to disengage. was a remarkably unimpressive run. looked up how to disengage it later on. so this weekend my stepson helped me remove the face plate to take a gander at the old stereo i was thinking of replacing. was a bit of a chore trying to get the plate back on. but we tested everything and all seemed good.
  so here's the confusion. i read SOMEWHERE that the stability button on the far right (with the little car symbol) should be lit all the time and it was. blinked when i held it to try turning it off. saw on the dash the msg saying stab off. ok cool i got it. pushed it again and msg disappapeared,  thought all was good. (this was all b4 we took the dash plate off.) now here's the prob. last night, starting up the H3 and lo and behold no light???? BUT no error msg either saying stab off????? pushed buton and STAB msg did come on did it again and msg went off but still no light. also the button seems REAL sticky. 
  so......if the bulb is burnt that can explain no light. my son being a ding dong could also explain why the panel may be too snug???? or the button being sticky. i'm assuming that traction control and stability function are two SEPARATE functions????? no msg means satb is ok,  but is traction control on also??/ googling this morning i saw a thread on another site saying there was a vid of sometype that shows how to clean the buttons ...anyone know the link or have an idea?  WD40????? keyboard air spray???? 
thejudge
CHC Navigator

Re: you light up my life, but not my button

Post by thejudge »

My stability button light went out, give it a love tap and it came back on.

To turn your traction control off hold that button for 10 seconds. It’ll show on your display that it is off. To turn it back on, simply press that button again for a second.

Hope that helps