traction on or off? is this guy right?

Have a technical question about your ride, or just looking for help? This is the spot..members unite to assist each other.
Technical help available in Alpha section
MRVAPER1
Club Member

traction on or off? is this guy right?

Post by MRVAPER1 »

watched this the other day, do we agree or disagree with the dude in the video? ???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49Vn4i9b97Y
ddgermann
CHC Pilot

Re: traction on or off? is this guy right?

Post by ddgermann »

This YouTube guy is a rambling buffoon. I would try and completely forget this nonsense. "Killing the ignition"?
He doesn't know the difference between traction control and active handling management or stability control on less sophisticated vehicles. 

His expertise in on Kia and I'm not even sure he knows how that system works. The only time you would want to shut this off in your H3 is when you were seriously offroad or stuck in the snow somewhere. Our 2010 Alpha had all the traction control, stabilitrak, and electronic lockers but we never took it offroad. I do know the traction control was never shut off once in the years we had the truck. Frankly, it worked really good and we never found it intrusive. The guy who bought that thing after it was traded got a good truck that had never been offroad. Wifes daily driver. Sorry I digress...
You can disable it in H-Lock by holding the button if I remember right and it is automatically disengaged in L-Lock.

I would survive about 10 minutes in my Z06 if I shut this stuff off on dry asphalt and I never found the system intrusive in my H1, H2, or H3.
Last edited by ddgermann on Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1999 H1 HMC4 (black on black)

Hummer: from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia. n.[font=inherit;font-size:.9em;font-style:inherit;font-weight:inherit] "One who, or that which excels in any quality, especially in general energy or speed."[/font]
MRVAPER1
Club Member

Post by MRVAPER1 »

THOUGHT SO, make no sense to me either. last car was a caddy cts and in slippy conditions backend would do i guess kinda the old "posi-traction"  thing (rear wheel drive) and powered through pretty much any thing. thanks for getting back to the post.
Archngel
CHC Trail SuperGuide

Post by Archngel »

saved me from a slide off the road on an icy day in the country, was driving beside a lake, and it was a very curvy road,, at one point , even if i was not going fast + - 35 kph,, while taking a curb to the left,, the H3 started to slide and was going to end up on the side or worst on the top,in the lake, i just release the gas a tad,, and traction control started to do its work,, preventing me to slide sideways,, and put the H back on the track to continue my curve to the next one. 

you can imagine how happy i could have been.. so winter,, its always on, well,, its always on year long.
<p class="bbc_center">Wake up , it's off road time.

White 10 H3 Alpha, Black on White, Adventure, Toyo Open Country MT 315/75-16,

Front and Rear lockers, Under Body Armor, Rocker Protector, T-Max12000, Gobi Stealth Rack
<p class="bbc_center">White 08 H2 SUT Luxury on BF K02 AT 37x12.50R17 with Rancho 9000 serie
<p class="bbc_center">the rest is on the works