Changing/Updating Profile information

Need a bit of help on how to navigate around the forum or some questions? This is the spot, we will try to guide you in the correct direction and if you have an idea for the site, drop a note too.
dwaxman1
CHC Trail Guide

Changing/Updating Profile information

Post by dwaxman1 »

Hello all..

We have received a few responses lately from some of our members about bulk emails that are coming to them that do not pertain to their area, we do apologize for this but we need your help to resolve this matter. If your profile has not been updated with your correct mailing address, including city, province/state, country, zip/postal code, or anything else specific, then we do not know where you are located.

We have not been using any feature currently to send mail based on location because of the lack of correct locations being filled out.

It is easy to update and private (meaning system admins only can see this information).

Here are the quick steps to make sure your address is correct and also remember that you can always change your settings to no longer receive emails about clubs events if you choose.

All this can be done under your Profile settings.
  1. Click on the drop down menu by your username in top right corner of the main page and choose "My settings"
  2. Click on "profile" tab
  3. choose "change profile information" from the left hand menu, it should be the default but in case it changed.
  4. Scroll down to the "required information" section and make sure it is all correctly filled including your real name please
  5. Scroll to bottom of page and click on "save changes"
Once this is done, you are done... thanks as the more accurate this is, the easier it is for us to get you exactly what you need and the information that is prefect for you and your locations.

Thanks and continue enjoying the club...

Derek
Last edited by dwaxman1 on Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 --> 
Autumn Walker
CHC Pilot

Re: Changing/Updating Profile information

Post by Autumn Walker »

how can I hide my postal code from my posts? I don't want this info to be visible to the public.
2007 HUMMER H2

You have not been offroad until you've had a HUMMER in the woods.

Blacksheep HUMMER Squadron : GREAT WHITE NORTH

Taking the Blacksheep international.