How to import from US

Need a bit of help on how to navigate around the forum or some questions? This is the spot, we will try to guide you in the correct direction and if you have an idea for the site, drop a note too.
Archngel
CHC Trail SuperGuide

How to import from US

Post by Archngel »

<p style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Hi All
<p style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;"> 
<p style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Is there anyone here that has imported an H from US and can describe to me what it involves?
<p style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">I'd like to know how to proceed, how long it takes to get it shipped, how long if I have to fly down and come back driving it back ( custom wise ) 
<p style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">How much it cost if I have it shipped through a broker or a dealership.
<p style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">I'm looking for an H2SUT or second choice SUV 2009 in white, cashmire or black interior with nav and cam. There is none in canada apaprently , been looking kijiji Canada wide, autotraders.ca, monsterauto.ca, had a friend checking auction deal but no result, no hummer at auctions anywhere in canada.
<p style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Found a few in the states, as far as California, and closest ones Georgia ,Michigan or Massachusetts. 
<p style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">So if I fly there or drive, what should i expect for crossing  the US line. the only thing i know is that paperwork should get to US custom 3-4 days in advance, 
<p style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Thx for any info anyone can supply
Last edited by Archngel on Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<p class="bbc_center">Wake up , it's off road time.

White 10 H3 Alpha, Black on White, Adventure, Toyo Open Country MT 315/75-16,

Front and Rear lockers, Under Body Armor, Rocker Protector, T-Max12000, Gobi Stealth Rack
<p class="bbc_center">White 08 H2 SUT Luxury on BF K02 AT 37x12.50R17 with Rancho 9000 serie
<p class="bbc_center">the rest is on the works
Roy
CHC Trail SuperGuide

Re: How to import from US

Post by Roy »

<a href="http://www.canadianhummerclub.com/forum ... ry12942</a>

old topic page 22 .. at this time

Basically, need the RIV , fax documents to the right border crossing, wait 3 days, drive it to the border, pay the taxes plus, drive home.
Freight for a single vehicle is pricey.
If you fly to see it on Thursday, have a weekend in the states, cross Monday morning.Use the USA permit plate ($20), if you use a Canadian plate, they get really ugly.
Last edited by Roy on Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
                                      99 Wagon
                          5.9 Cummins 12 valve  mech.                                     Stocking most parts to fix your H1  :smil9:
                                   41.5-13.5 R16.5 Pitbull Rockers,
                                     Auburn lockers front and rear
                                  Full custom underbody protection
                                                3" body lift
                                          4" side rock tubes                                 
                               12100 rear cv shafts                                                                        

519-272-1761   :cellphone:
<p style="text-align:center;"> 
Archngel
CHC Trail SuperGuide

Post by Archngel »

Thx Roy,

Will look into that solution

Front and Rear lockers, Under Body Armor, Rocker Protector, T-Max12000, Gobi Stealth Rack
<p class="bbc_center">White 08 H2 SUT Luxury on BF K02 AT 37x12.50R17 with Rancho 9000 serie
SCULLY
Club Member

Post by SCULLY »

Gas guzzler tax ( Green Levy fee) ,  I have talked to a couple of US Importers here in Canada about a 2008 H2 and one said there was a 2000.00 fee and the other said there was NOT.  I asked the one that said there was No fee if he was sure and he asked for the Vin # to run a check  on a 2008 I was looking at in the US and then got back a couple days later and said NO Fee confirmed .
I would hate to have financing in place and then show up at the border and get hit with a $2000.00 Bill on the spot.
Boeing Jet
CHC Trail SuperGuide

Post by Boeing Jet »

When I got my truck I had to send US customs the ownership (in my name) at the crossing I was going through (Queenston/Lewiston) After 3 days I went to the US customs office where I sent a copy of the ownership with the original copy of the ownership. US customs might decide to look at the vehicle. I declared the truck with Canada customs and went in for the RIV paper and pay the Fed tax. After everything at the border was done I had to get the truck inspected by a Fed approved shop (crappy tire) They installed the daytime running lights. I took the paper work directly to the RIV office here in Ontario on the west side of the 427 hwy. Then brought the truck to Montreal for the provincial inspection so I can get the plate. Once I put the plate on the truck I removed the daytime running lights because it caused issues with the trucks lighting system (crappy tire) and then I was done.
duncanpa
CHC Trail SuperGuide

Post by duncanpa »

My experience was very similar to Marcus's except that Crappy Tire wanted to install daytime running lights on my H2!!!!  I tried to tell them that no matter what their papers told them, the vehicle had the aformentioned lights already....they didn't believe me so I asked them to turn on the "fog light".....when they could not, I repeatedly covered and uncovered the sensor on the dash, turning on and off the daytime running lights!!!!!  Morons!!!!
2005 Black on Black Beautiful BEAST

The Only Way To Get Over It Is To Drive A Hummer
Archngel
CHC Trail SuperGuide

Post by Archngel »

Well since im looking at a White 09 H2 SUT  and the fact that  it is mentioned in the description," daytime running light," that point shouldn't be an issue. We'll see how it goes. I'll keep you posted. 

Thanks for all the comments and the experience sharing.

Roy
CHC Trail SuperGuide

Post by Roy »

New information on importing!

Now you have to get a broker to fill out a form AES to get the import number. 

https://aesforvehicles.com/aes-form/?utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=AES

cost about $35 -45 unless you use a broker than $400

Still need the RIV for newer vehicles(15 yrs young)
Last edited by Roy on Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
                                      99 Wagon
                          5.9 Cummins 12 valve  mech.                                     Stocking most parts to fix your H1  :smil9:
                                                3" body lift
                                          4" side rock tubes                                 
                               12100 rear cv shafts                                                                        

whitehumh2
CHC Trail SuperGuide

Post by whitehumh2 »

What did you just buy???
<p class="bbc_center">1 - There is a time for everything,

and a season for every activity under the heavens:

3b - a time to tear down and a time to build,

5 - a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,

Ecclesiastes 3:1,3b&5a
Roy
CHC Trail SuperGuide

Post by Roy »

Either a parts truck or another project. 96 soft top with a dead gasser . In pieces so it will take some time to complete or super modify!!
Go big or go home!! :crazy:
                                      99 Wagon
                                                3" body lift
                                          4" side rock tubes                                 
                               12100 rear cv shafts