How to remove hard plaque from chrome rims?

Chrome and flash more your style? You rolling on 24”s or larger? You shine you ride regularly? Then this is the place!
collega
CHC Pilot

How to remove hard plaque from chrome rims?

Post by collega »

Hello,guys!

I keep chrome rims on my 2003 H2 during winter months so I found out that after two years there is some hard plaque in deep corners and angles. And I don't know what is the best way to get rid off it. I have chrome rims.Any advices,please.
Last edited by collega on Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hummer,like nothing else!
shotgun-cam
CHC Trail SuperGuide

Re: How to remove hard plaque from chrome rims?

Post by shotgun-cam »

Skip the expensive brushes Kevin uses a cheap disposable power toothbrush IE arm & hammer spinbrush they get in where the others don't and hey it is powered so its much easier just spray on your favorite cleaner chrome approved of course and brush those deposits away. Ps our 08 has slotted spoked rims so it has even more little holes to clean
Enjoy Life and Leave the World a Little Better Each Day!!
collega
CHC Pilot

Post by collega »

Sorry,what kind of brush is this? And can I use regular toothbrush and rim cleaner that I purchased from Canadian Tire? Is it gonna work?
shotgun-cam
CHC Trail SuperGuide

Post by shotgun-cam »

[quote name='collega' timestamp='1297740599' post='25155']

Sorry,what kind of brush is this? And can I use regular toothbrush and rim cleaner that I purchased from Canadian Tire? Is it gonna work?

[/quote]

Okay brush is a Arm & Hammer SPINBRUSH a battery powered toothbrush (about 10 to 20 bucks Try to get one with replacable heads they do wear out or use an old one ) you can pick these up at almost any shoppers drug mart or even major grocery stores. The powered brush just makes the job so much easier add the size allows access to those tiny corners in rims that the rim brushes can't reach. Also look around for dental mirrors to see around corners and in tight spots.
Enjoy Life and Leave the World a Little Better Each Day!!
collega
CHC Pilot

Post by collega »

Thank You very much! I will try to do it as soon as road salt is gonna be dissappeared. Can I use these rim cleaners from Canadian Tire? Are they effective?